September 30, 2015 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] Frankfurt, Germany - Eltima had already announced the release of Commander One. Developed entirely in Swift, this file manager for OS X exploits classical dual-pane ideology while maintaining minimalistic and clean UI design and offers features lacking in the default OS X file management solution. Commander One 1.1 provides excellent performance and momentary user interface feedback.
Much awaited major OS X update El Capitan comes with System Integrity Protection, a new way to enhance safety and reliability of your Mac. This will disable third party software apps that 'inject' themselves into system processes, so you might lose some of your applications - they will not be compatible with your upgraded OS X.
Commander One 1.1 however fully supports El Capitan, and you can make most of its functionality even after the upgrade. Being a native app, Commander One 1.1 does not depend on the OS update and no feature will be lost while upgrading. To help you manage your files and folders in the best possible way Commander One 1.1 provides you with the following functionality:
* 2 panels with 3 view modes and unlimited tabs
* File operations queue
* Set up custom hotkeys for any action
* Work with local and network drives
* Spotlight search, advanced search with regular expressions
* ZIP archives support with compressing, extracting and full access
* List of Computers in local network
* Preview multiple types of files incl. binary and hex
* RAR support with extracting, full access and search
* TarGz with compressing, extracting, search, and full access
* 7zip with compressing, extracting, search, and full access
* Mount iOS and MTP devices
* Mount Dropbox account as a drive
* FTP, SFTP, FTPS Manager
* Share Dropbox Links
* Themes and more
On September 29, 2015 the latest update of the app was released.
What's new in Commander One 1.1:
Multiple enhancements for better compatibility with OS X 10.11 El Capitan
* Tar.Z, tar.lzma and tar.xz support (PRO Pack)
* FTPS protocol support (PRO Pack)
* Changing file permissions via FTP/ FTPS/SFTP protocols (PRO Pack)
* Selecting a program to open a file, 'Open with' command is accessible via File and context menus
* German and Dutch languages support
* Detecting computers that use NetBIOS protocol and displaying them in the list of network computers
* Truncating long file names with an ellipsis in the middle - works in Thumbs and Brief view modes. To see a full name, hover over it
* Erroneous search through the files contents using regular expressions
* Wrong creation time of a file displayed when copying it from iOS, MTP or FTP to Mac
* Mac OS X 10.9 or later
* 31 MB of hard disk space
Pricing and Availability:
Commander One 1.1 is compatible with OS X 10.9 . The free edition of the app is available for download from Eltima Software official website. PRO Pack is now available for 15-day free trial, check for yourself the additional benefits it offers. PRO Pack costs $29.95 (USD) and can be purchased from the official web-site.
Eltima Software is a global software Development Company, specializing primarily in serial communication, mobile and flash software for Mac OS and Windows. Eltima Software delivers top-notch solutions having a friendly team of 40 professionals. Copyright (C) 2015 Eltima Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.