October 7, 2015 in Travel (E)
[prMac.com] Umea, Sweden - Eastwest today is proud to announce the release of Plugs of the World 4.0.1, an important update to their electrical outlet and voltage information travel guide app for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices. The app provides valuable information about the wall plugs, sockets and voltage requirements for 250 countries and regions. Travelers will find the app to be an invaluable resource when planning their international travel.
Official sources on the Internet contain a surprising amount of incorrect information about the electrical requirements around the globe. The information contained in Plugs of the World is continually updated via feedback from the over 80,000 users who have downloaded the app since its initial release. In addition to containing information for countries around the world, the app also includes regional information for voltage requirements. (For example, Brazil has a variety of different voltages, depending which power plant the user is closest to.)
"Travelers today are faced with a mind-boggling amount of information they must remember when visiting different countries," says Jan Ostlund, developer of the app. "Plugs of the World supplies important information about the wall plugs, sockets, and voltage requirements of 250 countries and regions, making all of that important information one less thing for international travelers to have to keep track of."
* Searchable information for 250 countries and regions
* Continually updated with new information from over 80,000 users
* Displays which countries use a particular type of plug
* Regional information about voltage requirements
* Handy maps display the voltage requirements for cities and regions inside countries
* Save countries as Favorites for quick access
* Free-text search capabilities
* Clear, sharp images illustrate each country's plugs, outlets, and sockets
* Universal app - The information looks great on any iOS device
Plugs of the World offers easy-to-use navigation, free-text search capabilities, and an option to save your favorite countries for quick reference. Each electrical outlet, socket, and plug is illustrated using clear and sharp images. The information is also shareable via iOS extensions to services like email, Facebook, and Twitter.
"Plugs of the World users have come to rely on the accurate information that is supplied by the app," continues Ostlund. "Sometimes the official documents made available on the web do not reflect reality in some countries, and our users report that back to me. While I make sure to offer as much information as possible about each country's various specifications, I try to keep the app simple enough for any traveler to use."
Plugs of the World 4.0.1 offers a number of new features:
* A new feature that illustrates which countries use a specific style plug
* A world map displays in which regions a particular plug is used
* iOS 9 users can access in-app Spotlight search, allowing them to search for countries to receive a link for the country
* The iPad version now offers an improved layout, making better use of the additional screen real estate
* Minor tweaks for smaller screens and bug fixes
* Fixed a crash on iOS7
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 7.0 or later
* Universal Application
* 10.7 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Plugs of the World 4.0.1 is only $3.99 (USD) and is available worldwide through the App Store in the Travel category. Review copies are available upon request.
Eastwest is a one-man development firm founded by Jan Ostlund in 2001, and is based in Ume, in the northern part of Sweden. Eastwest's focus is on developing mobile apps, and offering professional contracting services to its customers. Jan strives to offer the best service to all of his customers, be it the users of his apps or his contracting clients. Copyright (C) 2015 Eastwest. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.