September 30, 2009 in Books (E)
[prMac.com] Fairfield, Iowa - Longtime technology firm Thaddeus Computing, publisher of iPhone Life magazine, today announced the availability of its Fall issue at newsstands worldwide. Any user with a desktop browser may read a free digital replica of the Fall issue at the iPhone Life web site. The "Cut the Clutter" cover story features the iPhone 3GS as an excellent replacement for a digital camera, GPS, camcorder, and radio.
Each issue of the quarterly publication features reviews of the best apps, the top accessories and the latest news from Apple. Additionally, readers can discover in each issue plenty of tips and hidden features, iTunes and Safari how-to's, the iPhone in the workplace, excellent articles about creating apps, and autobiographies from iPhone users.
Stories in the Fall issue include 3.0/3GS Tips, Video Sharing, the iPhone in Japan, iTunes Add-ons, Using Word and Excel, Twitter and Social Networking, 10 Great Apps, Instant Messaging, Travel Apps, Improving on Safari, Games, Bluetooth Headsets, Cases, Special Needs Kids, Survival Kit, IT Apps, and much more. Annotated table of contents:
iPhone and iPod touch
* Hot iPhone 3GS Features: Enhancements to the 3GS let it compete with digital cameras, camcorders, stand-alone GPS units, and Internet radios.
* iPhone Video: Recording, trimming, and sharing videos are easy!
* Bringing Change to Japan : The iPhone's introduction and success in Japan is ushering in a new era of mobile services.
Tips and Tricks
* OS 3.0 and iPhone 3GS Tips
* Getting the Most Out of iTunes: Use these desktop add-ons to automatically download cover art and song lyrics.
* Ten Great Apps (That You Should Be Using): In a sea of apps, these ones should be on your radar.
* Turning the iPhone into a Mobile Office: Quickoffice Mobile Suite and Documents To Go.
* Twitter on the iPhone: Which Twitter app is best for you?
* Social Networking on the iPhone: MySpace Mobile, Facebook, LinkedIn, Fresh Feed, and Personal AssistantĐall on the iPhone.
* Instant Messaging on the iPhone: IM apps and the features you should consider.
* Apps for Successful Students: Stay organized, take notes, improve your Spanish, and more.
* Free Entertainment Apps Stream music, find movies and games, and stay on top of entertainment news.
* Play These App Store Standouts! These games, recently added to the App Store, are a blast to play.
* Hidden Gems: Some great games get lost in the crowded App Store.
* 10 Top Puzzle Games: These games are rewarding, stimulating, and addictive.
* Score with These Must-Have Soccer Apps, Apps for soccer players, coaches, and fans!
* Bluetooth Headsets, Headphones, and Speakers Accessories that deliver wireless stereo sound.
* Protect your iPhone Protect your investment with hard cases, sports cases, high-end leather cases, and screen protectors.
* Free from Yahoo, Amazon, and ESPN: Free apps let you access news, do voice searches, shop and compare prices, check out sports scores, and more.
* Make Web Browsing Easier: New Safari features and iCab Mobile make browsing the Web easier and more fun.
* Born to be Wild - About My iPhone! The iPhone and third-party apps come in handy when you hit the road on a motorcycle.
* Busy Baby Boomer: A day in the life of a very busy baby boomerĐand the apps that help her get things done.
* Traveling with Your iPhone: These apps make business trips and vacations easier and a lot more enjoyable!
* Apps and Accessories Fit for a Female: Make shopping easier, organize your wardrobe, avoid laundry accidents, and more.
* The Death of a Dinosaur: How my life changed when I got an iPhone.
* Children with Special Needs: The built-in capabilities of the iPhone and iPod touch help special needs children and their parents.
* Creating a Best Selling App: Interview with 11-year-old app developer, Owen Voorhees.
* An iPhone Survival Kit: Apps and accessories that can help you survive minor or major disasters.
* Deploying the iPhone in the Enterprise: What is SCEP and how does it work?
* The Best Utilities for IT Administrators: These apps help you manage your network from your iPhone.
* "Kraft"ing a Corporate Mobile Presence: The iPhone helps Kraft improve internal communications and enhance customer relations.
* The iPhone 3GS: Headache or Cure for IT, Creating a HIPPA-compliant IT solution.
Creating Great Apps
* The App Store - One Year Later: The App Store's phenomenal growth makes it difficult to get your apps noticed!
* Naming and Pricing your App: Create a stand-out icon, make good use of your Web site, find the right price, more.
* Four Steps to an iPhone Marketing Strategy
Pricing and Availability:
iPhone Life has a cover price of $7.99. It can be found at major newsstands including all major U.S. book stores, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, many airports and train stations, and international stands worldwide. An exact digital replica of the issue is available free at the iPhone Life web site. iPhone Life magazine is printed quarterly. Users may subscribe for one year at ($17.97 USD). The two year subscription is only $24.97 (USD), which is a 65% savings off the cover price.
Headquartered in Fairfield, Iowa, Thaddeus Computing, Inc. is a privately held corporation founded in 1985 by Hal and Rita Goldstein. The company writes about, buys, sells and accessorizes Mobile computers. Thaddeus Computing publishes iPhone Life, the only U.S. magazine 100% devoted to iPhone and iPod touch users. Each issue features tip and how-to's, app and accessory reviews, the latest news from Apple, the iPhone in the work place, creating Apps, and iPhone autobiographies. Previously, Thaddeus Computing published Smartphone & Pocket PC for Windows Mobile users. Copyright (C) 1985-2009 Thaddeus Computing, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iTunes, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Computer Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.