December 3, 2015 in Navigation (E)
[prMac.com] Carnation, Washington - The new inRoute 4 is the first voice guided navigation app to automatically check your route for severe weather! Previously featured on the TODAY show and by Apple as a Best New App in Navigation, inRoute's route planner - with automatic order optimization and custom routes based on elevation, weather, curviness and more - has now been coupled with a voice navigation upgrade that detects severe weather ahead on the route.
This new release also features: Using Spotlight search to start navigating saved routes; view real-time traffic and road closures that affect routing; and support for the iPad Pro's resolution.
For the first time, travelers can turn their perfect route plan into the perfect road trip with the tap of a button, complete with peace of mind in knowing what's on the horizon.
inRoute 4 Key Features
* Voice guided navigation of up to 25 locations with automatic severe weather alerts (alerts are currently available in US and UK areas)
* Easy reordering of route waypoints, automatically for fastest time or done manually
* Interactive charts showing route elevation, curviness, weather (temperature, humidity, precipitation, wind speed/direction, severe weather alerts), and sunrise/sunset times
* Custom routes - inRoute can show alternates for each leg of a route, not just a few alternates for the entire route. View alternates alongside their weather, elevation and/or curviness to build your own custom route.
* Search along a route - the whole route, every x miles/km, or the next x miles/km from a place - to find gas, hotels, campgrounds or places to eat close to a route
* Set Departure and Layover Times - weather forecasts, road conditions (e.g. congestion), and travel times accurately reflect conditions throughout the trip
* Save your favorite routes and places, sync between devices, organize into folders, print via Airprint, and share with family and friends
* Easily add places to the map using a Dropped pin, Search, or Contacts; import addresses from webpages; or import from TXT, CSV, KML or GPX files
* Export routes to Apple Maps, Google Maps, Navigon, TomTom, and Waze - Some apps use inRoute's "Agenda Nav" feature; See the in-app FAQ for more info
* Export to GPS devices and apps compatible with GPX files
* Routes are stored on your device so you can access them even if you lose connection
* Send routes to MapQuest for viewing in a browser
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 8.0 or later
* 19.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
inRoute 4.1 is Free (with in-app purchase) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Navigation category. inRoute is free to try with a one-time unlock of all features available for an in-app purchase of $11.99 (USD).
Carob Apps develops innovative navigation and entertainment apps for mobile platforms in beautiful Carnation, WA. Founded by Software Engineer Rob Cohen in 2010, Carob Apps aims to bring the open road to your fingertips; inRoute and BMW Motorcycle Magazine are now available in the App Store. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2015 Carob Apps, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.