January 9, 2016 in Software (F)
[prMac.com] Dobrich, Bulgaria - Presenta Ltd. is pleased to announce the new release of iGetter version 2.9.4 for OS X. iGetter is a powerful, full featured download manager and accelerator. iGetter can greatly improve the speed of your downloads using segmented downloading. In addition it allows auto resume on broken downloads, queue filtering by various criteria, site explorer, history list, scheduling downloads for low traffic periods, auto redial on broken connection, auto hang-up and shut down on completion, and much more.
New in version 2.9.4:
* Optimized for Safari 9 on OS X 10.11 El Capitan.
* Optimized for Firefox v43 and Chrome v45 browsers.
* Added support for the Safari 9 cookie repository on OS X 10.11 El Capitan.
* Digitally signed iGetter Extension for Firefox at Mozilla add-ons store. This is a requirement since Firefox v43.
* Reworked iGetter Extension for initial compatibility with multiprocess versions of Firefox (v45 ).
* Digitally signed iGetter Extension for Chrome/Chromium at Google Play store. This allows automatic in-browser installation and update through the store. This is a requirement for the external extensions with the recent versions of Chrome.
* Reworked iGetter Extension for Chrome/Chromium using the build-in extension API to send all downloads to iGetter. This method replaces the functionality implemented previously by the iGetter Plugin (NPAPI), since NPAPI support was removed from Chrome as of version 45. The above operation can be temporarily disabled with the new context menu command "Disable integration" added by iGetter Extension for Chrome.
* Improved installation of iGetter Extension for Safari 9.0 , due to changed requirements for updating local extensions in Safari 9. Now iGetter will also need to launch Safari for extension updates, in addition to initial extension installation required since Safari 8.
* Improved both iGetter Plugin and iGetterScriptablePlugin for Safari, to read HttpOnly cookies in addition to the already available session and standard cookies.
* Implemented a workaround for the issue introduced in OS X 10.11 El Capitan, which in certain circumstances won't update properly the logical end of file, that could lead to improperly truncated files after a system restart. In iGetter this could manifest in an error that local file download has different size from the remote file.
* Reworded the browser integration options in both iGetter Preferences -> Integration and Installation dialogs, to better reflect the new browser integration functionality. The new option "Install iGetter Browser Extension (add contextual menus, watch for URL clicks)" replaces the previously worded "Add contextual menu support for Internet Browsers". Also "Install iGetter Browser Plugin (Safari and browsers with NPAPI support)" replaces "Integrate with Internet Browsers (watch for URL clicks)".
* Changed "Integrate with Internet Browsers" command from the Tools menu with "Install iGetter Browser Plugin" command, to better reflect its functionality in accordance with the changes in iGetter Preferences -> Integration tab panel.
* Added new function "Install iGetter Browser Extension" in the Tools menu, which installs/uninstalls iGetter Extensions for Safari, Firefox and Chrome/Chromium, and all applicable components.
* Updated User Agents of Safari, Firefox and Chrome for OS X, as well as Internet Explorer and Firefox for Windows with recent versions.
* Added new User Agent for MacAppStore.
* Added support for the "audio/vnd.audible.aax" MIME type.
* Implemented a workaround for an issue with OpenSSL, which in certain cases during a TLS EXT conversation, would drop the connection. The workaround will be used only on systems with OpenSSL 0.9.8j or later (MacOS X 10.6 to OS X 10.11 ).
* Fixed an issue with iGetter preferences, which in some very rare cases on OS X 10.10 won't save the latest preferences changes on disk.
* Fixed an issue that could lead in some rare cases to high CPU load in Retina mode on OS X 10.10 .
* Fixed an issue with AppNap usage which in some cases would prevent system sleep while iGetter is running on OS X 10.9 .
* Fixed an issue with the "Add to queue" ("Process Web Page") window, when the Total links number won't be calculated properly.
The International version of iGetter includes: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Turkish, Japanese, Russian, Hungarian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Polish and Portuguese (Brazil) localizations.
* Requires Mac OS X 10.2.x - 10.11.x
* Intel- or PowerPC-based Mac
Pricing and Availability:
iGetter is shareware. iGetter can be evaluated for as long as it's needed to decide if it suits the user's needs. A licensed copy is available for $25.00 (USD). All registered users will get free support by email and free upgrades in the major 2.x versions.
Presenta Ltd. was founded in March 1993 in Bulgaria (Europe). We are a computer company, which deals with software development. Since 1993 the company has been a basic software developer of networking, multimedia and accounting systems for Apple Macintosh computers. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2016 Presenta Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh and Mac OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.