January 22, 2016 in Entertainment (E)
[prMac.com] Paris, France - Independent development team, Etienne Nguyen Tan Hon and Yong Jie Hu are pleased to announce the release of Drawing Box Pro 2.0, an update to their popular painting app developed exclusively for iPad tablets, with support for the new Apple Pencil. Taking full advantage of the new Pencil, the app creates an incredible return to the basics of drawing, offering a true natural way of using pencil, pens and brushes for art creativity. Each tool has been chiseled to reach the best user experience in term of comfort, realism and versatility.
"Instead of quickly implementing the Pencil into Drawing Box Pro, with unmastered effects, large lags or stiff pressure, our development team has minutely chiseled each drawing and painting tool for producing the best effects, always reaching the optimal balance between speed, comfort and versatility," said explained Etienne Nguyen Tan Hon, developer.
Anyone who has used a wooden pencil, still remember the best experience in terms of:
* Accuracy: the pointed head of the pencil doesn't hide the stroke path, letting us drive the tool with high precision and speed.
* Pressure: the pencil produces a darker line when you put pressure on its head. The tone value will instantly change with only the pressure of the fingers, you don't need to change the pencil.
* Tilt angle: by simply lower the angle of the pencil with the paper, you are able to draw thicker lines.
How Drawing Box Pro Is Managing The Apple Pencil:
"Our team has customized Drawing Box Pro specially for using the Apple Pencil with the similar feeling to a physical tool," explained Etienne Nguyen Tan Hon, developer. "Then, each tiny variation of the pressure and/or angle on the Pencil, will be instantly and clearly displayed on the iPad Pro screen. The purpose is to send promptly a visual feedback of your action, giving an immediate return sign to the user. So, you don't need to force the pressure or the Pencil angle to produce the specific effects of the drawing tools. A very light action of your fingers will generate a beautiful line, which is a highly rewarding and engaging process."
Individual Tool Adjustments:
In Drawing Box Pro, all the painting tools don't work in the same way with pressure and angle.
1) Drawing tools will clearly and visibly differentiate 350 levels of pressure.
2) The line width will increase with pressure or angle, up to 7 times its initial size (without new settings).
3) Individual settings: each tool works differently with pressure and angle variations.
* The pencil: changes its size with tilt angle, and darken the lines with the pressure
* Hatching tools: the pressure capture is inactive, but lowering the angle will enlarge the lines
* Ink pens #7 and #8: the line width will change with pressure only
* Digital brushes: pressure and angle will both change the size and the darkness simultaneously.
* Watercolor and oil brushes: pressure and angle will both influence only the stroke width
* Eraser: a high pressure will reinforce the deleting power, and the angle variation will change the erasing area
* Compatible with iPad2 or newer
* Requires iOS 8.0 or later
* 43.6 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Drawing Box Pro 2.0 is free with in-app purchases, available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Entertainment category. The full paid version can be tested for free during 24 hours.
Based in Paris, France, Indie developers Nguyen Tan Hon and Hu Yong Jie began collaborating in 2009. Nguyen is the mobile app designer and Hu is the senior engineer. Copyright (C) 2009-2016 Nguyen Tan Hon and Hu Yong Jie. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.