February 8, 2016 in Productivity (E)
[prMac.com] Berlin, Germany - Teamplace entered the cloud storage market in 2015 with unlimited cloud storage for secure file sharing among teams and features making team work far easier. Now the company addresses a common problem when sharing files via WhatsApp and Facebook - the significant loss of quality when sharing photos and videos.
"Smartphones and tablets are the most popular media to record and share images and videos", said Ole Raack, CEO at Teamplace. "If I share an image or video via WhatsApp for example, the quality is less than the original due to compression. This is annoying - you video something in HD, only to share it in terrible quality. With Teamplace we solve this problem."
Teamplace now allows its users to invite entire instant messenger groups to free group storage in the cloud. Just as with a WhatsApp or Facebook group, all members upload their images and videos and can leave comments. Images however will not be compressed, and are available in their original quality. The advantages of using group cloud storage when compared to sharing via instant messengers are clear:
* Images and videos keep their original format and don't lose any quality through compression as with WhatsApp or Facebook
* Data volume is not overused as images are optimally displayed on mobile devices
* Videos and images can be uploaded without any size limit thanks to Teamplace's unlimited storage
* Anyone who is a member of the group can upload content
* Transmission of images and videos is secure
* Participants can access all images and videos in a central location after a project meeting, a team event or a vacation among friends
* Teamplace ensures that all rights to images and videos remain with the user
* When files are no longer required, they will be fully deleted
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 8.0 or later
* 12.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Teamplace 7.11.18, the unlimited and secure cloud storage app, is free and available worldwide through the App Store in the Productivity category. There is also an Android version available on Google Play.
Teamplace GmbH, founded in 2015, has a clear mission: Making the sharing of files and team collaboration easier than ever before. At its Berlin headquarters, a team of experts developed the Teamplace solution that securely connects teams and groups instantly, allowing an unlimited exchange of files and ideas from different disciplines. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2016 Teamplace GmbH. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.