October 5, 2009 in Music (E)
[prMac.com] Portland, Oregon - Octavian, Bitnotic's newest app for iPhone and iPod touch, makes musical scales and chords instantly accessible to musicians of all skill levels. At just $2.99 (USD), Octavian is an essential musical reference tool for any musician, student, composer, songwriter, pianist, keyboard player, or hobbyist.
With Octavian, users can:
* Quickly find scales and chords and transpose them to any root note
* View any mode of any scale
* View chords in root position and first, second, and third inversions
* Build chords on any scale degree
* Use Scale Explorer to view all scales that contain the notes of the current chord
* Use Chord Explorer to identify chords built on the degrees of a scale
* Traverse the Circle of Fifths by holding down the note selector
A video walk-through and full PDF User Guide are available at Bitnotic's Web site. Currently, Octavian has a perfect run of 5-star reviews on the Apple iTunes App Store, with users calling it "a blessing," "a must download now app!" and "perfect for the studio." Bitnotic has announced through its blog that an update to Octavian featuring high-quality piano samples is under development. This addition lets users both see and hear their scales and chords.
* iPhone or iPod Touch 3.0 or later
Pricing and Availability:
Octavian 1.0 is only $2.99 (USD) and available exclusively through the App Store in the Music category. A limited number of preview coupons are available for members of the press (and bloggers). Please contact Bitnotic.
Bitnotic Mobile is a division of Bitnotic that focuses on apps for iPhone and iPod touch. Other branches are Bitnotic Software (chill, VX-323, both for Mac) and Bitnotic Music (roster includes The VX-323). The company is based in Portland OR, USA. Copyright (C) 2009 Bitnotic Mobile. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.