April 7, 2016 in Music (E)
[prMac.com] Sydney, Australia - Sinusoid Pty Ltd today is proud to announce the release of Audio Kit 2.0 for iOS including New sweep generator (IAP). Audio Kit is a collection of four tools which are essential for those working in audio, sound and music; A real time Spectrum Analyser, a Scope to display waveforms, an SPL Meter, and a Signal Generator producing sine waves, white noise and pink noise and sweep generator (with IAP). Users can view a real time spectrum of audio, identifying peak frequencies. In-App purchase now provides a sweep generator. The Audio Kit iOS App has been used by many sound professionals and enthusiasts for sound monitoring since 2010.
Audio Kit Features:
* New - Sweep generator available as In-App purchase
* View a real time spectrum of audio with the Spectrum Analyser and identify peak frequencies precisely
* The Signal Generator provides a sine wave output up to 20,000Hz in 1 Hz steps, along with noise generators for white and pink noise and sweep (IAP)
* View the actual waveform of the audio signal with the Scope
* An SPL Meter provides measurement of sound levels using an A-weighting. Calibration of SPL Meter
FFT (Fast Fourier Transform) is used to calculate the frequencies in the Spectrum Analyser of Audio Kit and these are displayed in real time. The frequency is displayed in either logarithmic or linear scale.
* Three FFT sizes of 8192, 4096 and 2048 are selectable, giving fine resolution of frequencies
* 6 different FFT window function types can be selected - Hamming, Hann, Rectangular, Bartlett, Triangular and Blackman
* Number of FFT windows can be selected from 1 through 4
The strongest frequency is displayed both above the peak, and optionally, in a large number display in the center of the screen. The large number display can be quickly switched on or off by double tapping the screen.
There is a screen capture facility in the Spectrum Analyser allowing you to save the spectra for future reference along with details of the FFT parameters, time and date.
A single tap freezes the screen. Other features such as screen capture and double tap to toggle large number display still work during the freeze. This feature can be turned off in preferences if it's not desired.
The display of the Scope can be adjusted easily using pinch gestures in both horizontal and vertical directions. Zero crossing detection of the waveform provides a smooth display and can be set to either positive or negative direction zero crossing. There is a screen capture facility in both the Spectrum Analyser and the Scope allowing you to save the spectra and waveforms for future reference.
The SPL Meter of Audio Kit continuously displays the sound pressure level, and has resettable minimum and maximum displays also. There is also a colored bar type indication of the measured SPL at the left hand side of the screen. A sliding ticker type plot of the SPL readings over time is displayed across the bottom of the SPL screen. If the reset button is pressed the peak registers a mark of full scale then zero. The SPL Meter can be calibrated against a reference SPL meter or a reference sound source.
The output of Audio Kit's Signal Generator can be viewed on the other parts of the App. The Signal Generator has 3 different output types:
* Sine wave
* White noise
* Pink noise
* Sweep Generator (from In-App purchase)
The output of the Signal Generator can be viewed on the other parts of the Audio Kit App. The sine wave frequency selected using picker wheels allows for accurate control of frequency to within 1Hz. Volume for the sine wave and noise signals is continuously adjustable. Output is in both left and right channels.
The sweep generator of Audio Kit allows a sweep or chirp of audio frequencies anywhere in the audio range. Sweep direction can be either increasing or decreasing and can be set to be linear or log in output. Very short chirp times can be produced.
All of the user preferences in each of the above applications can be made persistent between restarts of the App. All parts of the App have direct access to a detailed context sensitive help document.
New features for version Audio Kit 2.0
* Added availability of in-app purchase for sweep generator capability for Signal generator
* Reverted to 2 channel output for all Signal Generator outputs
* Idle timer can now be disabled if auto lock is enabled on device - This allows user to run the app for long periods unattended without going into lock mode
* Minor bug fixes
* Update for recent iOS releases
* Requires iOS 7.1 or later
* 1.7 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Audio Kit 2.0 is $2.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Music category.
Located in Sydney, Australia, Sinusoid Pty Ltd is a company producing electronic parts and software products. Sinusoid produces Audio Kit which is an iOS App used for analysis of Audio signals. Sinusoid also manufactures in Australia electronics sensors such as the RPE1, RPE2 and RPE3 rotational position encoders which are used in industrial control applications. Copyright (C) 2016 Sinusoid Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.