April 13, 2016 in Image Editing (E)
[prMac.com] Luxembourg City, Luxembourg - Houdah Software today released HoudahGeo 5.0, a major upgrade to the photo geotagging tool for Mac OS X. HoudahGeo tags photos with location coordinates and names. Standard EXIF, XMP and IPTC geotags allow photo cataloging tools to organize and later find photos by location. HoudahGeo integrates with Apple Photos, iPhoto, Aperture and Adobe Lightroom.
Geotags add to the "story" of a photo. A photo pinned to a map - at the exact spot where it was taken - has context. A series of tagged photos documents the path taken. Geotags allow photo cataloging tools like Apple Photos to group photos by location. Even years from now it will be easy to find these photos.
Photos taken with iPhone are geotagged in-camera. Photos taken with regular digital cameras - sometimes our best photos and most precious memories - lack geotags. This is where HoudahGeo steps in. HoudahGeo tags digital photos with GPS location information. HoudahGeo writes future-proof EXIF and XMP tags to JPEG and RAW image files. Just like a GPS-enabled camera.
HoudahGeo supports many methods of geocoding, ranging from automatic to manual. Use a GPS track log, reference photos taken with iPhone, or pick locations on the built-in map.
HoudahGeo can create Google Earth KML and KMZ files from GPS tracks and photos. This allows for viewing (and showing!) photos "pinned" along the path travelled.
HoudahGeo Feature Highlights:
* Automatic geocoding using GPS track logs
* Geocoding using reference photos taken using iPhone, a smartphone, or a GPS-enabled camera
* Geocoding without a GPS. Use the built-in map to double-check, adjust, or assign locations to your photos
* Write GPS data, location names, title, description and keywords to EXIF, XMP and IPTC tags
* Works with JPEG as well as a large number of RAW file formats. It also supports XMP sidecar files
* Notify Apple iPhoto and Aperture of changes made to photo location information
New in HoudahGeo 5.0:
* Places: Quickly assign photos to favorite places and apply coordinates and location names
* Drag-and-drop geocoding: Drag images to the built-in map and drop them at the location where they were taken
* Reverse geocoding: Look up location names in English, German, Spanish and French
* Camera import: Download photos from your camera. Geotag photos before importing them into your photo library
* Lightroom integration: HoudahGeo reads location metadata directly from the Lightroom catalog
* Keywords editor: The new keywords editor makes it easy to assign keywords in bulk
* Map search: No GPS? No problem! Search for landmarks, cities, as well as your favorite places
* Publish KML to Dropbox: Upload photos and track logs to Dropbox. View in Google Earth and Google My Maps
* OS X Version 10.10 Yosemite or 10.11 El Capitan
* Digital camera
* Optional GPS track logger
* Optional iPhone, smartphone, or GPS-enabled camera
* 49 MB of disk space
Pricing and Availability:
HoudahGeo 5.0 is priced at $39 for a single-user license. A full-featured demo version is available. Licenses are available from the Houdah Software store. Upgrade from previous versions start at $19. Upgrades are available through in-app purchases. HoudahGeo licenses purchased on or after December 1, 2015 remain valid for HoudahGeo 5. Prices are in USD and exclusive of tax.
Founded in 2005 by Pierre Bernard, Houdah Software s. r.l is a small company based in Luxembourg, Europe. Houdah Software specializes in quality software for Mac, iPhone and Apple iPad. Our mission is to pair quality products with excellent customer support. All Material and Software Copyright (C) 2005-2016 s. r.l. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh, Mac OS X, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.