April 18, 2016 in Business (E)
[prMac.com] Paris, France - Independent developer, Marc Braun is proud to announce the release of XCubes 1.0.1, his new multidimensional spreadsheet app developed for Apple's revolutionary iPad device. XCubes was designed specifically with the aim to be an innovative and breakthrough solution for demanding users. Originally developed for Windows PCs, XCubes has been completely redesigned to take advantage of the advanced features of the iPad and iPad Pro. While most traditional spreadsheet apps are limited to a flat row/column format, XCubes features "cubes," which allow building and editing in two or more dimensions.
XCubes offers the power of business intelligence with the ease of a spreadsheet. Its cubes can store more data than normal flat format spreadsheets, allowing users to explore and analyze the data by dragging and dropping a cube's dimensions. In addition, cubes use less formulas, which makes maintaining them much easier than standard spreadsheets. The app also offers full Microsoft Excel compatibility, allowing anyone to open Excel spreadsheets within the app, and copy or paste data directly to cubes.
Creating a cube takes only seconds. Simply tap the icon to create a new cube, select a row dimension, select a column dimension, and then tap "Create Cube." Enter a name for the cube, press "OK," and it's time to enter data. New dimensions can easily be added to a cube on-the-fly, offering great flexibility for users to build their own cubes.
Building cubes is less complicated due to the ability to use provided dimensions. Cubes also are flexible enough to grow or shrink as needed. They adjust when adding or removing dimensions or items within dimensions. Traditional cell references are a thing of the past, as XCubes allows the use of real names in the place of the usual cell references.
Working with data in a cube is made simple by XCubes' flexible method of entering and manipulating data. Using the on-screen keypad, users can quickly enter data into a cell. Any cell either directly edited, or affected by the edit, displays in blue to indicate it contains changes made since the cube was opened or created. Values can also be changed via a handy chart input method, where simply by dragging data points on the chart, the values can be adjusted. Users can toggle between chart and keypad entry at any time. A third method of adjusting values is via the app's built-in commands, such as: "Increase by," "Decrease by," "Multiply by," "Divide by," and more.
* XCubes offers unbreakable and easy to maintain models
* The formulas will never be accidentally erased
* Low number of comprehensive formulas to maintain
* Easy formatting of data, which applies to entire rows and columns and not cells
* Fully interactive charts with panning and zooming for 3D charts
* Automatic page layout for printing ensures savings of both time and effort
Charting data is a breeze in XCubes, as the app offers a large variety of fully interactive and customizable 2D and 3D charts for a new way to visualize business data. With over 30 types of 2D and 3D charts available, XCubes offers a better way to visualize business data. Creating a new chart is accomplished by tapping the "Chart" tab while displaying a cube. The user then needs only to tap "New Chart," which displays a customizable chart that offers the ability to customize the information displayed in the chart. Changing the view of the chart is a matter of a simple drag-and-drop operation. Different styles of charts are easily accessible from the built-in Chart Gallery. Zooming in and out on a chart is accomplished using familiar iPad gestures. The chart can also be easily customized using colors and legend formatting.
* Use an unlimited number of dimensions in each cube
* Enter an unlimited number of items in each dimension
* Make use of multiple data types, including: numbers, dates, text, rating, progress bar, Yes/no
* All formulas are located in dimensions, not spread all over the spreadsheet
* Microsoft Excel compatibility offer the ability to directly open Excel sheets for data integration via copy/paste
* Easily export cubes to Microsoft Excel
* Easily input data and adjust data levels interactively, via a chart interface in addition to a numeric keypad
* Use real names for formulas, not cell references
* Goal seeking is easily accomplished by typing the expected result on a formula cell
* Contains a rich collection of built-in functions: financial, mathematical, logical, set functions
* Built-in commands to perform operations on an entire cube, current selection or custom selection
* Drag & Drop dimensions allow easy exploration of data
* Create and manage different views
* Access over 30 types of 2D & 3D charts
* All charts are fully customizable
* Supports popular cloud storage formats, including: iCloud Drive, OneDrive, and Box
* Sample cubes are included, to allow users to explore and better understand the use of cubes.
* Easy-to-follow video tutorials are available on the XCubes website to help explain common tasks
"Creating spreadsheets has always been limited to two dimensions and stressful in the sense that many formulas had to be checked for accuracy each time rows or columns had been moved around. With the development of XCubes, I have improved the user's ability to visualize their data in additional dimensions and make their work much more efficient," says XCubes developer Marc Braun. "I believe it is one of the most powerful business apps available on the iPad today. Plus, with the release of the iPad Pro and its added screen real estate and performance enhancements, XCubes really shines."
* iPad and iPad Pro
* Requires iOS 8.0 or later
* 61.0 MB
Pricing and Availability:
XCubes 1.0.1 is free for a limited time, and is available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Business category.
Headquartered in Paris, France, independent developer Marc Braun develops apps for Apple's iOS lineup designed to offer business users the power of desktop apps in a mobile format, while sacrificing none of the powerful features. All Material and Software Copyright (C) 2016 Marc Braun. All Rights Reserved. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPad and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.