April 20, 2016 in Financial (E)
[prMac.com] Toronto, Canada - Accountek Solutions Inc., a leader in the Mac and PC accounting software industry for over 25 years, announced the release of a major update to the Connected Accounting & ERP software version 8.0 across Mac, PC, and Connected on Demand hosting platforms. This major release includes a redesigned user interface (UI), over 50 new features, compatibility with the latest Mac and PC operating systems, and integration with the latest versions of Microsoft Office.
"With hybrid touch screen laptops, desktops and tablets gaining market share, we focused the application design with a touch, then type interface in mind," says Scott Archer, Director of Product Development. "With Connected 8, we are redefining what users are looking for by providing innovative improvements to our feature-rich application with UI changes that make working with hybrid devices easier than ever." Connected version 8.0, the latest release for the powerful accounting and business management system, has substantial UI enhancements that include modern screen aesthetics, new screen fonts and icons, new "recent places" navigation sidebar, and Connected's unique pin transaction feature.
The Connected on Demand service has been overwhelmingly popular with very high user satisfaction ratings. By offering a hybrid hosting model for its Accounting and ERP software, Accountek is giving users the feature-rich application they want without the shortcomings of browser-based software. The Connected on Demand service allows anytime access from any device via a secure hosted portal. The major UI update in Connected 8, along with great new features for order management and inventory control are putting accounting software information to work like never before.
In 2016, Connected has continued its momentum in replacing legacy PC accounting applications with a unique cross-platform accounting solution in both desktop and hosted versions. The powerful new features in Connected 8 make it an ideal product selection for PC-based businesses faced with costly and unnecessary upgrade paths on older systems. "PC-based businesses are really starting to see how our complete solution can manage their operations. The fact that we can combine and share accounting information with both PC and Mac users is just a great added bonus." says Archer.
Connected 8 boasts over 50 new feature enhancements. Some of the notable advancements include:
* Redesigned user interface with new icons, modern aesthetic, and new larger font options. New "touch, then type" guidelines applied to all screens to better support touch screen devices.
* New "pin" feature to pin/remember specific entries/screens so they can easily be retrieved during a session or after the session has been closed and re-opened.
* Entirely new level of customer discounting with customer contract pricing, customer specific part lists, part numbers, effective and expiry dates.
* New screen report search function to perform specific look ups within a screen report.
* Customer Order and Manufacturing enhancements that optimize load times and include many new reporting options.
* Improvements to Customer Payments/Credit Card processing with new "Authorize Only" charge option so that card information can be saved, via secure token, to be charged when an order is shipped.
A complete list of features included in Connected version 8.0 can be found at Accountek Solutions online.
Accountek Solutions provides dynamic accounting solutions designed for growing small businesses. Founded in 1991, the company's primary focus is the Connected Accounting and ERP software, a cross platform accounting system that can be shared concurrently by Mac OS and PC users or deployed using the Connected on Demand hosting service. Connected' s feature rich application is used to manage the financial reporting, inventory, job costing, consolidation, and multi-currency requirements of businesses across North America. Copyright (C) 2016 Accountek Solutions, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac OS X, and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.