April 30, 2016 in Software (F)
[prMac.com] Milano, Italy - Tension Software announces Product Manager 2.1, the important update to their Mac OS X application to manage company products from different standpoints. The app is document based and can manage an unlimited number of documents each with an unlimited number of products, subdivided in families. Product Manager can be used also for a different typology of products (not only software) to manage the activities associated to the improvements, distributions and marketing of the product.
The application is customizable with the labels the user needs to better describe the specific managed products. Product Manager can be the general repository for all the data used for the technical management of your products from a various point of views.
Product Manager allows users to:
* Organize products in a logical subdivision in families of products and products owned by a family
* Define a custom layout of data values (fields) used by any documents with custom name and data tags (names, values, url and so on)
* Specify for any product custom values associated to the data tags layout
* Create Press Release (for any product release) using templates where the data values associated with any specific product are created automatically merging press release including data tags with assigned custom value for any product
* Manage descriptions for the products, with various kind and keeping track of them for any different release
* Keeping track of the ToDo associated for the product and keeping track of work. Create reports for items done and not done yet.
* Keeping track of the Bugs. Create reports for items done and not done yet.
* Keeping track of the competitor products
For every product the user can store Main data with generic data fields that can be automatically recalled to generate updated press releases, releases notes, press releases, bug list, ToDo list and competitive product list. The application provides also storage for further data: Media Points for press release and Text snippets for internal use. Product manager can provide press release automatic sending controlling mail.app on the user's Macintosh, all this with just a single click.
* Easy to use interface
* No learning period required
* Products stored in a hierarchical view by families
* Totally customizable layout of values associated to products to be used in Press Release creation and for reference
* Customizable labels adaptable to different products type
* Descriptions of the product for the release of the product over time
* Press release of the product, for the different release, and create dynamically merging text templates with custom data (using text data tags to insert data values)
* ToDo list of activities relate dot the product
* Bug or problems product related to solve
* List of competitors for the product
* Can manage an unlimited families and products
* Automatic email preparing and sending to an address list controlling mail.app from inside Product Manager via Scripting Bridge
* Text template ready to be inserted inside text view
New in this release:
* Indication of unsolved/solved/total bug at the bottom of bug list
* Indication of unsolved/solved/total todo at the bottom of todo list
* Indication of how many products for any family in the main list
* New email column inside media table
* Various bug fixes
* Internal algorithm improvements
* Optimization for OS X 10.11 El Capitan
* OS X Version 10.10 or higher
* Optimized for OS X 10.11
* 64-bit processor
* 5.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Product Manager 2.1 is $19.99, and is available worldwide through the Mac App Store in the Developer Tools category. The app is also available through the Tension Software website.
Tension Software develops software for Mac OS X and iOS using the latest Apple technology, Cocoa and Objective-C. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2016 Tension Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh and Mac OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.