June 13, 2016 in Photo and Video (F)
[prMac.com] Stuttgart, Germany - Available for iPhone today, CloudlightFPV for Bebop 1.0 combines VR and Drones to deliver a true first person piloting experience to anyone with a Bebop drone. Building on the success of the original CloudlightFPV App, this new version adds support for the popular Bebop drones from French manufacturer Parrot.
With CloudlightFPV and a VR headset the pilot is able to see exactly what their drone sees which aside from being an incredible experience on it's own, is a game-changing tool for filmmakers, researchers and industrial applications alike.
Head-tracking senses the pilots head movements and translates them into camera movements in realtime allowing for an even greater level of immersion. A full featured on-screen-display projects telemetry data, battery levels and warnings directly onto the live video stream giving the pilot a real-time status overview of their aircraft. Custom color themes make it possible to adapt the OSD to certain lighting conditions.
* First Person View (FPV) optimized for VR headsets.
* On-Screen-Display (OSD) shows live telemetry data such as battery level, height or camera orientation.
* Head-Tracking allows to user control the camera by turning or tilting their head. (2 axis on Inspire1 only vertical axis on Phantom)
* Parrot Bebop with SkyController
* Parrot Bebop2 with SkyController
Supported VR Headsets:
* Zeiss VR ONE
* All Google Cardboard-style headsets
* A VR Headset
* One of the supported drones
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 9.0 or later
* 40.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
CloudlightFPV for Bebop 1.0 is $14.99 USD (or an equivalent amount in other currencies) and is available worldwide through the App Store in the Photo and Video category.
Kai Aras is a longtime indie developer and designer with a deep passion for creating things and delivering innovative solutions to interesting problems. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2016 Kai Aras. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.