June 17, 2016 in News (E)
[prMac.com] Somerville, Massachusetts - Cory Renzella today is pleased to announce the release of "2016 Election Map: The Presidential Election & Electoral College App". Now available in the News category of the App Store, "2016 Map" lets you explore, edit, and share 2016 presidential election scenarios in a quick and easy way. This iOS app has been significantly upgraded from its 2012 version, and it is the must-have app for anyone interested in American politics and the 2016 presidential election.
"2016 Map" includes a "Live" map that will be updated every day with the newest polls; "Historical" maps that detail every election, from 1789 through 2012; "Scenarios", which present possible paths to victory; and a "New" blank map that you can customize from scratch. In presidential elections, it's the electoral vote that matters most. That vote is determined by the states each candidate wins, and whether you're interested in historical elections or the 2016 election, "2016 Election Map: The Presidential Election & Electoral College App" covers it all.
According to Cory Renzella, the app's creator, "This app focuses on what really matters in the election, and it's got something for everyone. History buffs can read about the controversial election of 1876, when Rutherford Hayes beat Samuel Tilden by a single electoral vote; people who are focused on the current race can look at polling details in every state and see that on June 15, Clinton was holding a slight 42.5% to 41.5% lead over Trump in the pivotal swing state of Florida; and people who simply want to create their own scenarios can explore pre-filled maps or start from scratch with a blank map, experimenting to see what the map would look like if a Republican swept the south, a Democrat took the coasts, and a third-party candidate had a strong showing out West."
The first version of this app, titled for the 2012 election, rose as high as #1 in the Paid iPhone News category and #15 in the entire Paid iPhone app chart. With the unprecedented attention that this campaign has already received, similar results are expected for "2016 Map".
* Beginning August 1, a "Live" map will be updated once each day with the most recent polling data, giving you the best estimate of what will happen on November 8
* On Election Night, the "Live" map will keep election watchers updated in real time as results are announced
* "Historical" maps show you every presidential election result, from 1789 through 2012, and include notes and state-by-state details for each election
* States can be tapped to change their colors (red, blue, green, or gray, with light red, blue, and green colors representing "leaning Republican", "leaning Democrat", and "leaning 3rd Party")
* States can be touched for one second to reveal their details (e.g., each candidate's percentage, the state's electoral votes, and its previous winners)
* Scenarios can be shared with family and friends on social media, allowing you to see if your friends agree, disagree, or have their own election scenarios
* Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 8.2 or later
* 19.8 MB
Pricing and Availability:
2016 Election Map: The Presidential Election & Electoral College App 2.0 is available for $2.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) in the News category of the App Store. For more information, please contact Cory Renzella.
Cory Renzella is the developer of 2016 Election Map: The Presidential Election & Electoral College App. His interest in politics led him to create this app, and he, like millions of other Americans, will be following the 2016 presidential election very closely. Copyright (C) 2016 Cory Renzella. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, the iPhone logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.