June 21, 2016 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] London, United Kingdom - Ben Software today is proud to announce the release of SecuritySpy 4.0, a major update to the premier multi-camera video surveillance software for macOS. With powerful recording features, remote monitoring and configuration, highly optimised code, and intuitive user interface, SecuritySpy can effortlessly handle demanding CCTV applications. Version 4.0 has a long list of improvements including 64-bit support, massive speed improvements, new capture features and a brand new user interface.
"SecuritySpy version 4.0 is packed with new features and performance enhancements that will provide huge improvements to the capability of CCTV systems based on SecuritySpy," said Ben Bird, the developer of SecuritySpy. "Combined with Mac OS X, the rock-solid operating system from Apple, SecuritySpy offers unsurpassed functionality, stability and ease of use."
The main features of SecuritySpy are as follows:
* Displays and records multiple cameras simultaneously
* Powerful capture features, with motion-detection capture and notifications
* Built-in secure web server for remote monitoring and administration
* Pan/Tilt/Zoom (PTZ) support
* Secure off-site backup of captured footage
* Browser feature for synchronised multi-camera playback of captured footage
* Supports all major brands of IP camera as well as ONVIF-compatible cameras
* Supports all industry-standard media formats (JPEG, MPEG-4, MxPEG, H.264, AAC)
* Extensively threaded and optimised to take full advantage of multi-core computers
* Hardware-accelerated video compression and decompression
SecuritySpy supports virtually all IP cameras on the market, including the popular Axis, Dahua, Canon, Sony, Foscam, Hikvision and Vivotek ranges. SecuritySpy features advanced motion detection, which can be used to trigger recordings as well as email alerts, audio alarms, iOS push notifications and external devices. The built-in secure web server allows remote monitoring of live feeds and captured footage, as well as configuration of the software, from over the Internet using a web browser or mobile device such as an iPhone or iPad.
The full list of improvements in version 4.0 are as follows:
* 64-bit application, for significantly improved speed and memory capacity
* Completely re-written Cocoa user interface
* New consolidated Preferences window that contains all settings
* New Camera Info window containing a wealth of live camera information
* Hardware-accelerated video compression and decompression for big speed increases
* Multi-threading improvements to take more advantage of multiple CPU cores
* Two-way audio support for certain IP cameras
* Continuous Capture, Motion Capture and Actions can now be scheduled independently
* Major web server speed improvements
* Web server access can now be limited by time of day
* Web server now supports H.264 RTSP streaming
* Web server can now impose a minimum TLS version, for enhanced security
* HTTP Live Streaming for live audio/video in Safari and iOS
* Support for SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol) for secure off-site backup
* New option for one camera to trigger others upon motion detection
* Many further optimisations and efficiency improvements
Pricing and Availability:
Pricing is in British Pounds, Euros or US Dollars and depends on the number of cameras used, ranging from GBP 29.90 (approx. USD $45) for the single-camera version, to GBP 649.00 (approx. USD $990) for the unlimited-camera version. SecuritySpy supports any Mac running OS X 10.7 "Lion" through 10.11 "El Capitan." SecuritySpy can be tested for 30 days before purchase, with no demo limitations whatsoever.
Ben Software is an independent software development house focused on providing high-quality video-related software for the Mac. Copyright (C) 2016 Ben Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac OS X, and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.