July 14, 2016 in Productivity (F)
[prMac.com] Bonn, Germany - Norbert M. Doerner has released NeoFinder 1.6, the important update for his disk cataloger for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices.
The new version can quickly search for Tags and Keywords, and has a lot of improvements in the Dropbox integration.
New features in NeoFinder for iOS 1.6:
* The file Tags and XMP Keywords in the Inspector are now displayed in a cool token style, and you can now tap on any one of those to Find all items containing that one Tag
* The Dropbox "Get All" button now only downloads catalogs that are either new, or have been changed since the last download. If a catalog already exists unmodified on your device, if won't get automatically downloaded again
* The Dropbox code now looks for a NeoFinder folder inside of /Apps first. It uses a separate NeoFinder folder only if that already exists. But you can now safely move the NeoFinder folder into /Apps in your Dropbox
* You can now cancel a lengthy Find operation by tapping into the progress
* Your device won't go to sleep now during a lengthy Dropbox download
* The keyboard is now always properly hidden when you tap in the background behind the Find Editor on the iPhone 6 and later
* Fixes a bug in the Find Editor on iPhones, where the lower two items in the Kind menu could not be selected
* Fixes a problem where the Found Items list was not displayed properly after a second search
* Fixes a bug with certain umlauts in catalog names in the Dropbox integration
* Fixes a couple of small bugs and problems
Basic features of NeoFinder for iOS:
* Display the catalogs you have loaded into your iPhone or iPad
* Download catalogs from a Dropbox account
* Search catalogs
* Display all Inspector details for a selected item, including embedded GPS, EXIF, IPTC, Adobe XMP, ID3 data, thumbnails, text previews, music lyrics, cover art, and all the stuff you are used to see in NeoFinder Mac and abeMeda for Windows
* GeoFinder to search for cataloged photos and movies on a map
Only NeoFinder for iOS allows you to search your NeoFinder catalogs on the iPhone or iPad, wherever you are. The "parent" product NeoFinder for Mac makes it easier than ever to keep track of your digital files, photos, songs, movies, fonts on hard disks, USB sticks, server disks, Blu-ray disks, DVD-ROMs, CDROMs, and any other digital media. NeoFinder generates thumbnails and reads a lot of metadata during cataloging, for powerful search possibilities, smart folders, and more.
NeoFinder for Mac Highlights:
* Metadata - NeoFinder catalogs metadata of songs, movies, fonts, and photos, including the MP3-Tags of several audio file formats, EXIF, GPS, and IPTC data of photos, and also Adobe XMP. All these are clearly arranged in the user interface, and can be extensively searched. For numerous photo and video formats, NeoFinder generates thumbnails during cataloging, displaying them in all list and icon views. For PDF and other files, NeoFinder generates a textual excerpt and thumbnail, too.
* Integration - Offering a tight connection to major productivity tools, such as Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Roxio Toast, FileMaker Pro, Apples Spotlight and Finder, and the extensive support of drag&drop into other applications, NeoFinder can support many workflow scenarios.
* Geotagging - Only NeoFinder offers the integrated GeoFinder, which searches for photos taken near a spot, or the KMZ export for coordinates and photo thumbnails as a way to give geolocated photos to friends. NeoFinder can even geotag photos itself, no other software needed. And only NeoFinder displays amazing facts about any geolocation in the Wikipedia Inspector.
* Networking - Store your catalog database on a server for access from all Macs in the network, and with the sidekick product abeMeda (was CDWinder for Windows) even from Microsoft Windows.
Since the initial release of CDFinder 1.0 in 1995, more than 60,000 customers in 95 countries around the world are using CDFinder and now NeoFinder to organise their digital library, and manage their data archive and backups, including NASA, IKEA, BBC, Mattel, Rand McNally, Pfizer, Random House, Oracle, and Warner Bros.
* German, English, French, Swedish, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, and Japanese
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 7 or later
* Universal Application
* 7.6 MB
Pricing and Availability:
NeoFinder 1.6 is only $4.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies), and is available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category.
Norbert M. Doerner is a computer scientist with a love for integration and cool products. He develops great Macintosh software since 1991. Popular products include the disk cataloger NeoFinder (was CDFinder), various plugins for the Finder, iPhoto and Aperture, and the transcription software F5.app. Copyright (C) 1991-2016 Norbert M. Doerner. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.