July 19, 2016 in Disk Cataloging (E)
[prMac.com] Bonn, Germany - Norbert M. Doerner is proud to announce the release of NeoFinder 6.9.1 for Mac OS X, (formerly known as CDFinder). The new version offers an improved video contact sheet, and numerous fixes and improvements.
Features and Improvements of NeoFinder 6.9.1:
* You can now select multiple movies for the Video Contact Sheet, and NeoFinder will generate a cool contact sheet for each of them
* Detection of Alias files is much better now during cataloging; Due to an ever increasing number of bugs in Apples FSRef code in every new Mac OS X release, NeoFinder now uses more reliable standard unix calls to get information about Alias files
* The NeoFinder menu bar Global Find helper app is now properly codesigned
* Finding files based on their EXIF creation date now works properly
* Massively improved behaviour for cataloging certain malformed MPEG files with ffmpeg; NeoFinder no longer hangs there, but times out after 30 seconds, and proceeds with the next file
* Improved DiskCatalogMaker-Importer that works better with newer Export files
* Improved the Extensis Portfolio Importer with localisations; They save their export text file with translated headers, and NeoFinder will now recognise more of those
* Improved cataloging of certain MP3 tags edited by Metadatics.app
* Inserting copied Geotags into Found Items now works properly
* Improved the Cumulus CRE Importer for certain cases
* Improved the cataloging of certain Adobe Illustrator files that were pure EPS with no PDF data
* Improved cataloging of TIFF and JPG files with a very very large color profile
* Fixes a problem when finding certain umlauts, like
* Fixes a problem with "Find by path", where certain folders sometimes weren't found
* Fixes some memory leaks in the separate ThumbnailHelper process when cataloging files with certain Adobe XMP data
* Fixes a possible hang when trying to Update the catalog of a network volume in Mac OS X 10.10 and Mac OS X 10.11
* Fixes a problem when reading file comments during cataloging
Metadata - NeoFinder catalogs metadata of songs, movies, fonts, and photos, including the MP3-Tags of several audio file formats, EXIF, GPS, and IPTC data of photos, and also Adobe XMP data; All these are arranged clearly in the user interface, and can be extensively searched. For numerous photo and video formats, fonts, and text files, NeoFinder generates thumbnails during cataloging, displaying them in all list and icon views.
Integration - Offering a tight connection to major productivity tools, such as Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Roxio Toast, FileMaker Pro, Apples Spotlight and Finder, and the extensive support of drag&drop into other applications, NeoFinder can support many workflow scenarios.
Geotagging - Only NeoFinder offers the integrated GeoFinder, which searches for photos taken near a spot, or the KMZ export for coordinates and photo thumbnails as a way to give geolocated photos to friends. NeoFinder can even geotag photos itself, no other software needed. And only NeoFinder displays amazing facts about any geolocation in the unique Wikipedia Inspector.
Networking - Store your catalog database on a server for access from all Macs in the network, and with the sidekick product abeMeda (was CDWinder for Windows) even from Microsoft Windows.
Mobile - Keep your NeoFinder database with you on your iPhone or iPad with the separate NeoFinder for iOS app.
Since the initial release of CDFinder 1.0 in 1995, more than 62,000 customers in 98 countries around the world are using CDFinder and now NeoFinder to organise their digital library, and manage their data archive and backups, including NASA, IKEA, BBC, Mattel, Rand McNally, Pfizer, Random House, Oracle, and Warner Bros.
* German, English, French, Swedish, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, and Japanese
* Requires Mac OS X v10.6.8 - 10.11 El Capitan
* Previous CDFinder and NeoFinder versions for older Mac OS versions are still available
* Separate app for iOS (iPhone and iPad) is also available
Pricing and Availability:
NeoFinder 6.x is a paid update to licensed users of CDFinder, update price starting at 19 Euros. Cross-grades for users of competing applications (DiskLibrary, FileFinder, CatFinder, Canto Cumulus, Disk Tracker, DiskCatalogMaker, Atomic View, iView Media Pro, and more) are available. A free NeoFinder demo version can be downloaded from the NeoFinder website, the price for new users starts at 29,00 (EUR). Multiple user packs are available for network users. NeoFinder 6.9.1 is a free update to all NeoFinder customers.
Norbert M. Doerner is a computer scientist with a love for integration and cool products. He develops great Macintosh software since 1991. Popular products include the disk cataloger NeoFinder (was CDFinder), various plugins for the Finder, iPhoto and Aperture, and the audio transcription software F5.app. Copyright (C) 1991-2016 Norbert M. Doerner. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.