October 26, 2009 in Business (E)
[prMac.com] Herndon, Virginia - Weston & Sampson, a full-service civil, environmental, and infrastructure consulting firm, announces a formal partnership with Zerion Software to deliver specialized mobile data collection applications for the water and wastewater industry.
Established in 1899, Weston & Sampson has provided innovative engineering solutions to clients for more than 100 years. Weston & Sampson specializes in state-conforming and custom cross connection programs that include preparation of bylaws, cross connection surveys, backflow device testing, and backflow device repair. Through this new partnership, Weston & Sampson will bring Zerion's exZact data collection platform into the water and wastewater industry.
Working cooperatively, Weston & Sampson and Zerion have created industry-specific mobile data collection solutions for clients such as the City of Boston. Using Zerion's mobile platform, Weston & Sampson plans to continue to develop quick and easy-to-use data collection applications, and will introduce a mobile cross-connection application early next year that is compatible with the iPhone and iPod touch.
"We are very excited about our partnership with Zerion. Zerion's industry-leading platform and feature-rich options allows us to create powerful mobile tools and solutions to our clients as we continue to innovate in the water industry."
Randall Nichols, Technical Manager, Weston & Sampson.
Zerion's exZact mobile platform offers the following functionality:
* Custom form creation and management - Customer service and merchandising personnel can create and manage custom software inspection forms to replace paper based forms
* 'Over the air' form distribution - Forms are delivered instantly to the mobile workforce anywhere in the U.S.
* 'In and out of coverage' data collection - Collect data anywhere, anytime, and send it back to the home office when in network coverage
* Onsite data capture, validation, and data transfer capability - Eliminates the need for manual data entry into a back-office computer system, saving time, money, and data entry errors
* Data viewing and sharing with other applications in multiple formats, including Excel, HTML, PDF, List, Map, XML, JSON, RSS, and ATOM - Office personnel can view and share data instantly, without waiting for field personnel to return to the home office
* On Demand Report printing - Employees can print reports on demand
"This further proves that, in the right hands, our platform is transformational. With Weston & Sampson's expertise in the water industry, we can create highly specialized solutions to help communities and private clients save money and increase productivity. " Sze Wong, President of Zerion Software.
Zerion Software has an aggressive strategy in the iPhone development space, from Product Development to Consulting Services. Zerion's other recent successes with the exZact data collection platform include winning The George Washington University's Golden Dot Award in the category of Best Mash-up, for their 'Twitter Vote Report' and 'Inauguration Report." The Golden Dot Award is sponsored by GW'sInstitute for Politics, Democracy, and Internet.
About Weston & Sampson
Weston & Sampson, based in Peabody, Massachusetts, is a full-service environmental and infrastructure consulting firm with nearly 300 professionals, all committed to excellence in their chosen fields.
Zerion Software is a mobile business application product company. Founded in 2003, Zerion creates mobile applications for businesses of all sizes on the iPhone, Android, Windows mobile, and Blackberry platforms. Zeiron creates SAAS based mobile business applications to help businesses reduce costs, increase productivity and improve customer satisfaction. Zerion's flagship product, exZact, is an award-winning, patent-pending mobile data collection product that is being used across the globe in many different industries. Zerion Software is an 8(a) certified small business. Copyright (C) 2003-2009 Zerion Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.