October 27, 2009 in Books (F)
[prMac.com] Bridgewater, New Jersey - 288 Vroom LLC has released 301+ Short Stories 1.0, their slick new eBook reader for iPhone and iPod touch. Developed specifically to take advantage of the iPhone's unique capabilities and peerless interface, 301+ Short Stories are quick, easy, and entertaining reading for on-the-go or anytime. Sit back and unwind to a selection of over 300 of some of the greatest short stories of all time.
301+ Short Stories features an extensive and expanding library, with currently over 301 stories by 89 authors. Stores are multi-genre, including Adventure, Humor, Ghost Stories, Horrors, Mystery, Westerns, Fantasy, Love (and Loss), Sketches of Life, and much more.
Easy-to-use and sporting an eye-catching interface, 301+ Short Stories offers 2 scrolling modes (Continuous and Page by Page) and adjustable story text size for easy reading. And stories are automatically bookmarked as necessary too, making it easy for readers to come back where they left off at any time.
Sample of some of the authors and their stories:
* Louisa May Alcott (Debby's Debut, A Modern Cinderella)
* Honore De Balzac (A Street Of Paris And Its Inhabitant)
* L. Frank Baum (The Capture Of Father Time, The Enchanted Types, The King Of The Polar Bears)
* Emilia Pardo Bazan (First Love)
* Anton Chekhov (About Love, The Bet, In Exile, The Lottery Ticket, The Witch, and more)
* Kate Chopin (A Pair Of Silk Stockings, Beyond The Bayou, The Kiss)
* Daniel Defoe (The Apparition Of Mrs. Veal, Atlantis Major)
* Charles Dickens (The Holly Tree, Three Branches, The Seven Poor Travellers, To Be Read At Dusk)
* Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (A Cabman's Story, A Case Of Identity, The Man From Archangel, The Red-Headed League)
* H. Rider Haggar (Hunter Quartermain's Story, Long Odds, Only A Dream, and more)
* Nathaniel Hawthorne (The Hollow Of Three Hills, The Seven Vagabonds, and more)
* Washington Irving (The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow, and more)
* James Joyce (After The Race, The Dead, An Encounter, Grace, and more)
* Franz Kafka (Metamorphosis)
* Jack London (An Adventure In The Upper Sea, The Banks Of Sacramento, That Dead Men Rise Up Never, and more)
* O. Henry (The Gift Of The Magi, The Roads We Take, The Whirligig Of Life, and more)
* Edgar Allen Poe (The Angel Of Odd, The Black Cat, The Domain Of Arnheim, and more)
* Robert Louis Stevenson (A Lodging For The Night, The Sea Fogs, and more)
* Bram Stoker (Dracula's Guest, The Gipsy Prophecy, The Secret Of Growing Gold, and more)
* Mark Twain (The Celebrated Jumping Frog Of Calaveras County, A Curious Dream, and more)
* H.G. Wells (The Cone, The Door In The Wall, A Dream Of Armageddon, A Moonlight Fable, and more)
* Oscar Wilde (The Devoted Friend, The Nightingale And The Rose, The Selfish Giant, and more)
* Virginia Woolf (A Society, The Mark On The Wall, Monday Or Tuesday, and more)
"I recently purchased my first iPhone and instantly fell in love with it" said Gregg Levine, founder of 288 Vroom LLC. "As a avid reader, I searched the app store for good reading material for when I was 'mobile'. While I found plenty of book apps to choose from and many relatively inexpensive ones, most were either just a single story or a small collection of stories. So in order to have a large collection of stories on my iPhone, I would have had to pay for a bunch of apps and eventually I would have run out of space on my phone. So I decided to create an app that was inexpensive, attractively designed, and most importantly had a large collection of stories without taking up too much memory on the phone. From this idea came 301+ Short Stories. I hope the users of this app enjoy it as much as I do."
* Extensive and expanding library - currently over 301 stories by 89 authors
* Multi-Genre library Adventure, Humor, Ghost Stories, Horrors, Mystery, Westerns, Fantasy, Love, Sketches of Life, and more
* Easy to use and eye-pleasing interface
* Adjustable story text size
* 2 scrolling modes - Continuous and Page by Page
* Automatically bookmarks each story as needed
* iPhone or iPod touch 3.0 or later
Pricing and Availability:
301+ Short Stories 1.0 is only $0.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Books category. Review copies are available upon request. All future updates, including story additions, are included with initial purchase.
Based in Bridgewater, New Jersey, 288 Vroom LLC is a privately held corporation founded in 2009 by Gregg Levine. With over ten years in the major pharmaceutical and wireless industries, Gregg's aim is developing unique and useful software for the iPhone platform, complemented by first-class customer support. An aspiring fiction writer, Gregg Levine felt that with his development experience and love of literature, short stories were perfect reading material for the iPhone/iPod Touch medium. Copyright (C) 2009 288 Vroom LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.