October 26, 2009 in Software (F)
[prMac.com] Truro, United Kingdom - Next week marks the start of National Novel Writing Month on November 1st, when aspiring novelists will be aiming to write a 50,000-word novel in just 30 days. To support participating Mac users, official NaNoWriMo sponsor Literature & Latte Ltd announces some special incentives for new users of Scrivener, its award-winning Mac software dedicated to the structuring and composition of long texts such as novels, screenplays, theses and research documents.
The following offers are available:
* An extended trial of Scrivener, running from the present date through to December 7th. This allows NaNoWriMo users time to trial the software and outline their novel before November commences, as well as a grace period in which to decide whether to buy Scrivener or export work from the program after the event closes.
* All NaNoWriMo participants can receive 20% off Scrivener's regular price by entering the code NANOWRIMO in the coupon code text field during purchase.
* NaNoWriMo winners meeting the event's 50,000 word target will receive a coupon code for a 50% discount on Scrivener on December 2nd, once their word count has been verified.
The dedicated NaNoWriMo trial version of Scrivener includes a special NaNoWriMo template project with a 50,000-word target. Scrivener requires Mac OS X 10.4 or above and can be purchased from the online store for only $39.95. The normal free trial period consists of 30-non-consecutive days.
Key features include:
* Edit Multiple Documents - Create limitless documents in the same project and edit them separately or merge them dynamically and edit them as a whole.
* Corkboard - Virtual index cards store a synopsis for every document you create. Storyboard and rearrange your project by moving them around on the corkboard.
* Outlining - A fully-featured outliner helps you take control of your work's structure.
* Keywords - A powerful keywords system keeps track of characters, themes or ideas.
* Full Screen Editing - View your text in full screen for distraction-free composition.
* Export - Export your finished draft to your favourite word processor for final formatting, including support for footnotes, annotations and images.
National Novel Writing Month brings together aspiring novelists from all over the world aiming to produce a completed work in just 30 frenetic days. Participants begin writing on November 1 with a goal of writing a 175-page , 50,000-word novel by midnight, November 30. There is no sign up fee. In 2008 the event attracted 119,301 participants, with 21,683 winners. Several NaNoWriMo novels have found publishers, including one New York Times #1 Best Seller.
Launched in 2007, Scrivener is an application that stays with you from that first, unformed idea all the way through to the first or even final draft. It won't try to tell you how to write - it just makes all the tools you have scattered around your desk available in one application.
Literature & Latte was founded in 2006 with the sole purpose of creating software that aids in the creative process of writing long texts.