October 27, 2009 in Gaming (E)
[prMac.com] Calgary, Canada - Macgamestore.com today announced the release of Macinarium on its web site. Created by Amanita Design, Machinarium is an award-winng point-and-click adventure game by the team that created the critically acclaimed web games Samorost and Samorost2. A little robot who's been thrown out to the scrap yard behind the city must return and confront the Black Cap Brotherhood and save his robot-girl friend.
* World: Machinarium world is populated only by robots of various forms and functions. One of the most interesting places in this world is old, rusty and legendary city of Machinarium where the game takes place.
* Story: you will have to get rid of wicked robots from the Black Cap Brotherhood and save the head of the city and also your robot-girl friend.
* Puzzles: you will be solving many logical puzzles, adventure quests, brain teasers and mini-games.
* Graphics: backgrounds and characters are 2D hand-drawn and there is more then one hour of carefully crafted animations.
* Music: beautiful original soundtrack was composed and recorded by Floex (Samorost2 OST).
* Communication: you won't find any lengthy boring dialogs in this game, characters talk by comic bubbles with simple animations and symbols.
* Machinarium requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later and a 1.8 Ghz processor or better
Pricing and Availability:
Machinarium is available immediately as a digital download purchase through Macgamestore.com and Mac Games Arcade. A free demo is available for download. The full version costs $19.95 (USD).
Launched in 2005, Macgamestore.com, is the most popular Mac gaming store on the Internet with over 600 Mac games available for purchase. Macgamestore.com is also the leader in digital download games and the number one web site for casual Macintosh games. Copyright 2005-2009 Macgamestore.com. All Rights Reserved.