November 5, 2009 in Entertainment (E)
[prMac.com] Chester, United Kingdom - Shiny Development today is proud to announce the release of Balloons!, the new iPhone app that lets you launch virtual helium balloons and track their progress around the world. Choose a balloon, attach your photo and message to it, then launch it into the sky. It then drifts around the world to be caught by other users. They add their own photo and message and send it on its way again. Where will it go? Who will it meet? How far will it travel?
Use the Balloon tracker to see the progress of your balloons around the world. Read the tags of the people who have caught your balloon and see how far it manages to get. Scan the skies and catch the balloons of others, add your own photo and message and send it on its journey. By labeling balloons with twitter ids, users can get in touch with each other after their chance balloon encounter! Balloons! - the fun, environmentally friendly alternative to a real helium balloon launch.
'Beta testers have been really positive about Balloons! - they love the way you can connect with people on different continents completely by chance' says Dave Verwer, CTO.
Launching Balloons -
* Choose from a range of colorful balloons
* Write your name on the balloons' virtual tag (use your twitter id if you want people to contact you!)
* Then take a photo and write a message
* Launch the balloon into the air and watch it fly away
* Launch location is recorded using iPhone's GPS capabilities
Tracking Balloons -
* Track the progress of your balloon around the world
* See the photos and messages of others who find your balloon
* If you like what you read then why not use twitter to get in touch?!
Catching Balloons -
* Scan the sky for balloons flying past your location
* Pick one from the sky at random
* Read the tag(s) attached to the balloon
* Add your own tag and release the balloon back into the sky
* Any iPhone running OS3.0 or above
* Note: Does not run on iPod Touch
Pricing and Availability
Balloons! is available from the iTunes App store for $2.99 (USD). A free ad supported Lite version is also available from the iTunes App store. It allows the user the launch and catch balloons but does not have the balloon tracking capability.
Headquartered in Chester, United Kingdom, Shiny Development Ltd. is a privately funded company co-founded in 2006 by Dave Verwer and Andrew Thompson. Focused on the long term, Shiny Development's aim is to develop smart software that makes a difference to the way people live, work and play. Copyright 2006-2009 Shiny Development Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and iPhone, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.