November 9, 2009 in Music (E)
[prMac.com] Portland, Oregon - Octavian 1.1.0, Bitnotic's music theory app for iPhone and iPod touch, now features high-quality piano sound playback, so that users can listen to scales and chords as they explore them. Octavian makes musical scales and chords instantly accessible to musicians of all skill levels. Available now at just US$2.99, Octavian is an essential musical reference tool for any musician, student, composer, songwriter, pianist, keyboard player, or hobbyist.
The sixty, high-quality piano samples were recorded at SuperDigital in Portland, OR on a Kawaii baby grand. Octavian includes an adaptive mixing algorithm that enables users to listen to eight note chords without audio clipping or distortion.
Octavian 1.0.0 was featured on the iTunes App Store's What's Hot list. Early user reviews called it "a blessing," "a must download now app!" and "perfect for the studio."
With Octavian, users can:
* Quickly find scales and chords and transpose them to any root note
* Listen to scales and chords with high-quality piano sounds
* View any mode of any scale
* View chords in root position and first, second, and third inversions
* Build chords on any scale degree
* Use Scale Explorer to view all scales that contain the notes of the current chord
* Use Chord Explorer to identify chords built on the degrees of a scale
* Traverse the Circle of Fifths by holding down the note selector
Octavian 1.1.0 also adds the Altered scale, Prometheus chord, and altered 7th chords. Users can look forward to future free updates that feature even more flexible chord tools. As always, Bitnotic welcomes user suggestions for improving the software.
A video walk-through and full PDF User Guide are available at Bitnotic's Web site. The video is in process of being updated to show off the new sound playback. A limited number of preview coupons are available for members of the press (and bloggers). Please contact Bitnotic.
Bitnotic Mobile is a division of Bitnotic that focuses on apps for iPhone and iPod touch. Other branches are Bitnotic Software (chill, VX-323, both for Mac) and Bitnotic Music (roster includes The VX-323). The company is based in Portland OR, USA. Copyright (C) 2009 Bitnotic Mobile. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.