November 16, 2009 in Lifestyle (E)
[prMac.com] Rancho Santa Margarita, California - Bowers Technologies, Inc. today is proud to introduce iWatch USA 1.0, their new threat awareness and prevention application for iPhone and iPod Touch. Designed specifically to leverage the iPhone's unique capabilities, iWatch USA serves to empower citizens to help make their community safe from potential terrorist activities.
Since 9/11, it is essential that communities work together to prevent future attacks. By cultivating an awareness of their surroundings, community members can help law enforcement officials predict and prevent attacks before they happen. iWatch USA is based on the successful iWatch community program recently launched in Los Angeles, California.
It's important to know some of the real life examples of suspicious activities that saved lives because they were reported by concerned individuals:
* A video store clerk saw anti-American material on a DVD he was asked to copy. Police captured and arrested individuals planning a bomb attack.
* A grandmother smelled bad odors from an empty, neighboring apartment and noticed that the dwelling was frequented by various people. Police discovered a poison gas factory.
* Residents were concerned by an individual's threats of violence. Police captured and arrested a group planning a subway attack.
iWatch USA places emphasis on the activity or behavior itself, and not the individual. The application identifies nine different types of suspicious behavior and activities, offers a handy checklist of items to provide law enforcement officials as well as helps determine the appropriate law enforcement entity to contact.
* Helps identify nine different types of suspicious behavior and activities
* Provides examples of important places to watch for suspicious activity
* Provides a checklist of items to provide to law enforcement
* Helps determine the appropriate law enforcement entity to contact
"Unfortunately, our world changed after 9/11. Today we all need to be more observant of things going on around us," said Bryan Bowers, founder and CEO of Bowers Technologies, Inc. "We felt it necessary to provide people with the right information so they can protect their families and neighborhood."
* iPhone or iPod Touch 3.0 or later
Pricing and Availability:
iWatch USA 1.0 is only $0.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Lifestyle category. Review copies are available upon request.
Headquartered in Rancho Santa Margarita, California, Bowers Technologies, Inc. is a privately held software development firm founded in 2003 by Bryan Bowers. Bowers Technologies has proudly served the IT needs of Southern California businesses for over 18 years. Today, the company forms a group of people who are absolutely passionate about technology and mobile phone applications. Their executive team leverages more than two decades of experience in the information technology industry who share a commitment to providing the highest quality solutions with a major emphasis on total customer satisfaction. Copyright (C) 2003-2009 Bowers Technologies, Inc. and iProduceApps. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.