November 16, 2009 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] Scottsdale, Arizona - Cynical Peak Software today is excited to announce the release of Rivet 2.3, their application for streaming video, music, and photos from Mac OS X to the Xbox 360 and the PS3. Rivet is an easy to use and fun way to play all of your favorite media content from your Mac on your TV using your Xbox 360 or PS3, including movies, TV shows, music, photos, and podcasts. You can now easily enjoy all of your media on your big screen TV from the comfort of your living room.
Rivet enables everyone to quickly browse and view their entire collection of digital media from from anywhere in the house on their Xbox 360 or PS3. Your Mac's folder structure and organization is completely reproduced to allow you to quickly find exactly what you want to view. Navigation is now a breeze. You no longer have to search through a long list to find what you want. Dig in and start watching right away.
Users can now enjoy their media in more ways then every with Rivet. In addition to Xbox 360 and PS3 support, Rivet 2.3 adds official support for the CEIVA Pro 80 picture frames from CEIVA Logic Inc., Denon audio/video receivers, and Plex Media Center for OS X.
Rivet 2.3 also adds a few highly requested features and improvements, along with a host of smaller improvements and bug fixes. Users can now specify an image to use as a thumbnail instead of the QuickLook generated thumbnail giving them more power to view exactly what that want to. Thumbnails have also been enhanced with a new system that manages their caching to provide better performance and disk utilization. Navigation has also been enhanced with the addition of smart sorting. Titles will no longer include the common words the, a, and an when sorting. Rivet 2.3 also adds a number of speed and performance enhancements that greatly improve parsing of the users media libraries and streaming.
* Xbox 360, PS3, CEIVA Pro 80, Denon AVR, and Plex support
* Music streaming of your iTunes library
* Photo streaming of your iPhoto library, Aperture library, and user defined folders
* Video streaming from user defines folders
* Full organization support, your mac is recreated on the Xbox 360 and PS3
* Video thumbnail and music album art support using QuickLook
* Quick automatic updating on the Xbox 360 and PS3. when files are added, deleted, or moved
New in version 2.3:
* Added using the files thumbnail for custom images
* Added automatic clean-up of the thumbnail cache
* Added smart sorting. The, A, and An are ignored when sorting movies and photos. Music is sorted by using the song's sort name metadata that can be set in iTunes
* Improved photo viewing performance, especially when using Aperture
* Improved parsing and start-up speed
* Improved navigation for some devices
* Reordered the top level listing
* Fixed memory leaks
* Fixed the issue where you could only add one photo path
* Fixed preserving which playlists are selected between launches
* Fixed a launch issue due to the computer name not being properly encoded
* Requires Mac OS X v10.5 or later
* iTunes for music sharing
* A networked Xbox 360 or PS3
* 3.9 MB Hard Drive space
Pricing and Availability:
Rivet 2.3 may be purchased for $18.95 (USD) and comes with a limited streaming demonstration period. 2.3 is a free upgraded for existing Rivet users.
Headquartered in in Scottsdale, Arizona, Cynical Peak Software, LLC was founded in 2003 by President and CEO, Brad Miller, with a focus on bringing high quality software to the Macintosh platform. Copyright 2003 - 2009 Cynical Peak Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.