September 26, 2007 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] Austin, TX - September, 26, 2007 - Intego, the Macintosh security specialist, today released FileGuard X4, a data protection program that stores sensitive files in virtual safes. Using industry-standard, unbreakable encryption, FileGuard X4 allows Mac users to protect personal and confidential documents, and be sure that hackers or data-thieves will never be able to access them.
FileGuard X4's safes are not only secure; they are also portable. Users can store safes on file servers or external disks, and can keep them on home or office Macs with no risk of anyone opening them. They can even send FileGuard X4 safes to friends, family or colleagues, who can access files contained in those safes, as long as they have the password, even if they don't have FileGuard X4 software. FileGuard X4 can create safes of any size, for any kind of document, and also create special safes to protect e-mail and instant messaging transcripts.
FileGuard X4's safes are accessible from the Finder, and open with a double-click. Safes act like folders; users can add files to them by simply dragging files to a safe's icon. Safes have floating avatars, unique icons that display above other windows, so users can drag files to them regardless of which other windows are visible. Users can access safes from the Intego menu, located in the Mac OS X menu bar, and from standard Open and Save dialogs.
"Everyone has sensitive and confidential files on their Mac, whether personal or business documents," said Laurent Marteau, CEO of Intego. "Securing these files is essential, especially for people who use laptops. FileGuard X4 provides the most flexible solution for protecting sensitive files on a Mac."
Features of FileGuard X4
* Stores sensitive files in secure virtual safes
* Industry-standard encryption makes safes unbreakable
* Users can create as many safes as they need
* A different password can be set for each safe
* Safes can be created by drag-and-drop, or from the Intego menu
* Safes increase in capacity as more files are added
* Safes can be changed in size, or compressed to save space
* Safes can be opened by a simple double-click in the Finder
* Protects sensitive files on laptops in case of loss or theft
* Protects files on portable media, such as iPods or USB key drives
* Safes work like folders - files can be dragged to and from safes
* Safe icons indicate their status (open or closed)
* Floating windows provide access to safes at all times
* Safes can be sent by e-mail, or stored on servers or external disks
* Read and write permissions can be set for safes stored on shared volumes
* Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) or higher
Pricing (excluding shipping, handling and any applicable sales tax):
Intego FileGuard X4 is available now from Intego's website, for $49.95 USD or 41.76 Euro.
Intego develops and sells desktop Internet security and privacy software for Macintosh. Intego provides the widest range of software to protect users and their Macs from the dangers of the Internet. Intego's multilingual software and support repeatedly receives awards from Mac magazines, and protects more than one million users in over 60 countries. Intego has headquarters in the USA, France and Japan. As the dangers of the Internet grow, Intego is hard at work, developing new software to protect users and their Macs from the latest security and privacy threats. We protect your world.