November 21, 2009 in Education (F)
[prMac.com] Los Angeles, California - 24x7digital has released TeachMe: Kindergarten 1.0, their new children's learning game for the iPhone and iPod Touch. TeachMe: Kindergarten is an educational app which teaches four different age appropriate subjects to kindergarten aged children: sight words, addition, subtraction and spelling. Parents can select which subjects they want, set different difficulty levels, and even choose specific questions. Parents can review performance history for each subject to check how their child is doing.
TeachMe: Kindergarten keeps children engaged with a unique reward system where children earn a coin for every three correct answers. Coins can then be used to purchase stickers to place in fun sticker scenes. Sticker scenes can be exported as wallpaper or emailed to family and friends. The simple and intuitive user interface is designed to be child friendly, which allows children to play without help from an adult. An animated teacher (Mimi Mouse) gives verbal instructions and feedback to the child which makes learning fun.
* 4 different sticker reward scenes: beach, underwater reef, pirate cove, city
* Over 70 different stickers for adding to scenes
* Save learning information for up to four children
* Select which subjects are displayed for each child
* Turn on/off specific questions within a subject
* Change the number of correct questions to earn a reward
* Tracks performance for each subject item (last five)
* Export sticker scene to Photos, for emailing or using as wallpaper
* Sight Words: Dolch (Pre-K), Dolch (K)
* Addition: up to a total of 10
* Subtraction: from 10 down
* Spelling: complete words by choosing the first letter
* iPhone or iPod Touch 3.0 or later
Pricing and Availability:
TeachMe: Kindergarten for iPhone and iPod touch is available for the introductory price of $0.99 (USD) and available exclusively through Apple's App Store.
Based in Los Angeles, California, 24x7digital is a privately funded company founded in 2002 by Rei Yoshioka and Mark Yamashita. Leveraging their longtime experience in development and consulting, 24x7digital's focus is developing high-quality, simple, and easy-to-use utilities for the Mac and iPhone platforms. 24x7digital are also the creators of the highly rated HappyNewYear and HappyHolidays. Copyright 2002-2009 24x7digital. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.