December 4, 2009 in Travel (F)
[prMac.com] Kiev, Ukraine - Ivan Karpan and Evgeniy Lebed have announced GlobeMaster 1.2.0, an update to their popular travel guide for iPhone and iPod Touch. Developed specifically to leverage the iPhone's unique capabilities and interface, GlobeMaster is an offline world-wide travel guide for 1400 cities in more than 260 countries. All of this is spiced up with 4100 photos, tips calculator and adviser, units converter and more.
Perfect for vacationing, itinerary planning, business travel or simply for those who are interested in the world we live in, GlobeMaster offers reliable and important information for travelers, making any trip interesting, safe and enjoyable. The travel guide database is updated with each new version of the application. For fast and more efficient access, all country and city data are divided into convenient categories.
The application contains practical advice based on Wikitravel content, and offers a wealth of information, including such information as national holidays, festivals, carnivals, state structure, traditions and culture of nation, local rules of behavior, national food and drinks, sights, ways of getting in, out and around the country/city, recommendations on how to stay healthy and safe and more. Additionally, travelers can easily and quickly calculate tips using country-specific tipping information for reference and convert often used units of measurement, as well as currencies at up-to-date exchange rates.
* Comfortable and simple User Interface
* 260 countries and areas
* 1400 major cities
* Country overview on Google maps and 4100 photos
* All information is divided into categories for faster and easy access
* Handy Tip Calculator with detailed information on tipping for current country
* Useful Units Converter with currency rates online on-demand update
* Favorites functionality for tip calculator and units converter presets you use most often and more.
* Information about climate and recommendations about the best time to visit
* Ways of getting in, out and around the country/city by all means of transport
* Information about national holidays and major events, such as festivals and local rules of behavior
* Reference information about local communications and emergency contacts
* Advice on how to stay healthy and safe
* Electricity standards, national cuisine, shopping advice
* Recommendations about accommodation and work
* Physical and geometrical units converter to live in preferred co-ordinates
GlobeMaster now provides updated news about events that potentially raise traveling risks, including natural disasters, terrorist attacks, coups, anniversaries of terrorist events, election-related demonstrations or violence, etc. If something unforeseen and potentially risky happens, users will know about it - even if the local media has not covered it.
Users can add to favorites tips and converter presets they use most, and GlobeMaster can restore presets they need - easily and anytime. And with regard to tipping, it's always best to tip appropriately in each and every situation. With GlobeMaster, smart travelers can always make a quick calculation of tips adequate for their situation in 200 countries. GlobeMaster offers simple and quick physical and geometrical units converter commonly used by travelers and students, including 11 types of converters, 80 units and 190 currencies with exchange rates updated online and on-the-fly.
* iPhone or iPod Touch 3.0 or later
Pricing and Availability:
GlobeMaster 1.2.0 is only $0.99 (USD) during limited time Christmas and New Year sale and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Travel category. Review copies are available upon request. Complete information about countries, cities, categories and subcategories, units and currencies the application contains can be found on GlobeMaster's homepage.
Based in Kiev, Ukraine, the GlobeMaster team are independent software developer Ivan Karpan, and user interface designer Evgeniy Lebed. Leveraging their longtime experience in both development and UI design concepts, Ivan and Evgeniy's main focus is developing powerful, versatile traveling tools for the iPhone platform. Copyright (C) 2009 Ivan Karpan and Evgeniy Lebed. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. General section information is based on Wikitravel content and is licensed under CC-by-SA 1.0, images are licensed under various licenses. Alerts section information is based on Wikinews content and is licensed under CC-by-A 2.5.