December 15, 2009 in Games (F)
[prMac.com] Lisbon, Portugal - Profusion Studios has released iStunt 1.0, their new 2D Snowboard game for iPhone and iPod touch. Developed specifically to leverage the iPhone's unique capabilities and touch interface, iStunt is an addictive 2D game with a strong emphasis on physics. Perform amazing stunts while snowboarding through impossible scenarios in a unique game experience.
iStunt features 20 unique levels (including 2 tutorials) with each level requiring earned skills during gameplay. The game offers simple, yet compelling graphics and focuses on the gameplay experience with smooth camera and special zoom spots, such as cliffs and dangerous places. iStunt features two gaming modes, both with online scoreboard support via OpenFeint: in Stunt Mode, players reach a maximum score by performing amazing stunts. Under Time Trial Mode, players must complete levels in the shortest time possible.
Easy to play, but difficult to master, each level is more challenging as the game progresses. Players swipe up to jump, swipe down to crouch and use two fingers to zoom in and zoom out. By tilting the device to control the Stunt Man in mid-air, players dodge and jump over floating mountains, spinning saws and dangerous stalagmites while taking advantage of boost zones to increase speed. iStunt also takes advantage of both landscape holding positions with gravity inversion. Players can rotate the device 180 degrees to continue playing.
* Increasing dificulty adjusted to the average learning curve of the player
* Simple graphics focusing the experience on the gameplay
* Smooth camera with special zoom spots (cliffs and dangerous places)
* Gravity inversion (Rotating the device 180 degrees to continue playing)
* Signs giving hints of what to do during game progress
* Skip up to 5 levels
* Boost Zones which increase speed
* Floating mountains out of nowhere
* Spinning saws and dangerous stalagmites
* Tilt the device to control the Stunt Man in mid-air
* Swipe up to jump
* Swipe down to crouch
* Use two fingers to zoom in and zoom out
* Original sound effects
* Stunt Mode - Reach maximum score performing amazing stunts
* Time Trial Mode - Complete the level in the shortest time possible
* OpenFeint support with Online Scoreboards
"After having played alternative 3D snowboard games on the iPhone, I always felt that a good 2D snowboard experience would be great, especially with the help of a 2D physics engine," said Andre Almeida, founder of Lisbon based Profusion Studios. When developing iStunt, I was always concerned about the feel of the game. The sound of the board touching the ground, sense of spectators watching the amazing stunts, smooth camera zooms on important spots, etc. I have tried to polish these aspects of the game to immerse players in an addictive 2D experience."
* iPhone or iPod touch 3.1.2 or later
* 6.4 MB device space
Pricing and Availability:
iStunt 1.0 is only $0.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category. Review copies are available upon request.
Located in Lisbon, Portugal, Profusion Studios is a small privately held company founded in 2009 by independent developer Andre Almeida. Committed to providing an excellent gameplay experience to end users, Profusion Studios was founded for the purpose of developing high quality games for the iPhone platform, with a major emphasis on total customer satisfaction. Copyright (C) 2009 Profusion Studios. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.