December 12, 2009 in Networks and FTP (F)
[prMac.com] Dobrich, Bulgaria - Presenta Ltd. is pleased to announce the new release of iGetter version 2.8 for Mac OS X. iGetter is a powerful, full featured download manager and accelerator. iGetter can greatly improve the speed of your downloads using segmented downloading. In addition it allows auto resume on broken downloads, queue filtering by various criteria, site explorer, history list, scheduling downloads for low traffic periods, auto redial on broken connection, auto hang-up and shut down on completion, and much more.
New in version 2.8:
* Optimized for Safari 4 on Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard.
* Added support for 64-bit browsers in iGetter Browser Plug-In.
* Reworked integration method with the Safari browser on Mac OS X 10.6.
* Added support for Camino 2.x on Mac OS X 10.6.
* Added support for Firefox 3.x cookie file format.
* Improved processing algorithm of the iGetter download queue, which leads to better download bandwidth utilization, without any interruptions for waiting downloads.
* Improved "Site Manager" connection limitation logic to allow new segments only when there are free slots for them.
* Improved support for "Referrer" field in iGetter Browser Plug-In.
* Added support for "Referrer" and "Cookies" in "Process Web Page" / "Download All" functions.
* Added support for the "7z" file extension in the iGetter browser integration.
* Improved iGetter Schedule function to keep the system awake and prevent idle sleep, when a scheduled event is forthcoming.
* Improved "Item Settings" and "New URL" to use the default browser's cookie.
* Fixed the background color used for "Status" column in the main window in Mac OS X 10.6.
* Fixed an incompatibility with Mac OS X 10.6, that caused a crash in some internal iGetter components.
* Fixed the background color glitch with the metallic theme when sheet windows are opened in Mac OS X 10.6.
* Fixed a bug that prevented iGetter to download through SSL connections in some cases.
* Fixed a bug that crashed iGetter when downloading very small files (less than 5 bytes).
* Fixed a bug that caused a crash, in some rare cases, when downloading simultaneously many files with many connections.
* Fixed a bug that could crash iGetter, when processing URLs received from external sources - Browser integration, CM integration, Finder integration, etc.
* Fixed a bug with browser integration, that in some rare cases could cause a crash in Safari when a "POST" HTTP method is used.
* Fixed a bug with "Content-Disposition" HTTP header entity, when no filename is provided.
* Fixed the redownload function to sort properly the multiple files included for redownload according to their positions in the History list.
* Some other fixes and improvements.
The International version of iGetter includes: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Turkish, Japanese, Russian, Hungarian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Polish and Portuguese (Brazil) localizations.
* Mac OS X 10.2.x/10.3.x/10.4.x/10.5.x/10.6.x; Intel- or PowerPC-based Mac
Pricing and Availability:
iGetter is shareware. iGetter can be evaluated for as long as it's needed to decide if it suits the user's needs. All registered users will get free support by email and free upgrades in the major 2.x versions. The registration fee for iGetter is $25 USD.
Presenta Ltd. was founded in March 1993 in Bulgaria (Europe). We are a computer company, which deals with software development. Since 1993 the company has been a basic software developer of networking, multimedia and accounting systems for Apple Macintosh computers.