December 16, 2009 in Productivity (F)
[prMac.com] Sungai Buloh, Malaysia - Independent iPhone app's developer, Emir F Samsuddin, has announced today that the much-awaited version 2.0 of iTronixPal is available for sale on the Apple's App Store. The first release, built for iPhone and iPod Touch, has received a reasonably good response from all over the world. iTronixPal is a function-packed electronics' utility-cum-calculator, built based on the daily tasks of any electronics enthusiasts, be it an engineer, designer, DIYer, or even students.
Even though many electronics calculators exist on the web, most of them are user unfriendly, and not to mention, web calculators will be affected by Internet connection problem. With iTronixPal, it is all packed inside an app, and does not require any kind of external connection. So there is no lag in loading the calculators. And some of the tools in iTronixPal are not available in the web, because most of web calculators are just made to drive traffic to their website, not really made to help electronics enthusiasts in their daily job. Well, good news, iTronixPal is created solely for that purpose.
In this new version, the user interface and graphics have been revamped for a much easier usage, and a few more circuit calculators and two bonus utilities have been added.
The features available in this version are:
* 4,5 and 6-band resistor color codes translation from value entered and vice versa.
* For the 4-band resistor color code translator tool, it also displays equivalent value of Ceramic Capacitors, Electrolytic Capacitors, Inductors and chip resistors. Also available a tool to translate Electrolytic capacitor's voltage rating codes.
* Ability to detect if the resistor value chosen is of EIA Standards or not (useful for you to find a resistor off the rack.)
* If value entered is not found, the nearest value will be shown.
* Shows the color codes in words, to prevent misinterpretation of colors (in case of a person who is color-blinded).
* A simple flashlight with 4 colors - white, red, green, blue (The red, green and blue lights are useful for video color referencing). It starts always with a white light - particularly useful if you are soldering away in a dark place or cannot find that component that has just dropped from the bench.
* Tone generator - generate tones/test signals from your iPhone. Choose a frequency and it will play in a loop. Also available is the Sweep function where the tone is produced for the whole range of frequencies - from 20Hz to 20kHz (useful to measure frequency response of a system). And yes, switch on that 20kHz to rid off insects if you are soldering in the woods! Also available, the White and Pink noise generator.
* Laws & Equation - calculate Ohm's Law, Charges, hFE and Time Constant.
* Calculate the total values of Resistance/Inductance in parallel or Capacitance in series with great ease.
* Calculate and design your voltage divider circuit.
* Calculate and design your zener voltage reference circuit.
* Calculate and design your LED circuit.
* Calculate and design your RC filters - High pass/Low pass/Band pass.
* Calculate and design your Regulators'/Power Transistors' power dissipation and calculate its required heat sink sizes (estimates of surface area and volume).
* Calculate and design your Inverting and Non-inverting Operational Amplifiers. The gain will be automatically calculated in decibel (dB) unit.
"iTronixPal will be continuously updated with more calculators and tools in the future, so be sure to tune in to my website's News Feed for new updates. I have great vision for iTronixPal's expansion - so far I have lined up the updates plan until version 2.5 at this moment, and some of the calculators queued up to be included in the future updates are not easily available elsewhere. I guess what made iTronixPal particularly unique is because it was created based on my own experience in electronics."
* iPhone or iPod Touch 2.2.1 or later
Pricing and Availability:
iTronixPal 2.0 is only $0.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category. Together with this release, the developer also released the "Lite" version of iTronixPal, named iTronixLite, and it is available for free in the App Store.
The developer has been involved in making utility softwares for more than 10 years, mostly in Windows desktop platform and Windows Mobile platform, using Delphi and Lazarus. And recently started to develop for Apple's iPhone platform this year. The developer also have worked in developing electronics products for a well-known electronics company for 8 years. Copyright (C) 2009 Emir F Samsuddin. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.