December 18, 2009 in Web Design (E)
[prMac.com] Santa Cruz, California - YourHead Software today is proud to announce the release of Kiwi 1.0, a themeable Twitter client for Mac OS X. Kiwi is a full-featured Twitter client that supports multiple accounts, groups, searches and rules/filters. Kiwi also gives users the power to change the look, or theme, to match their desktop.
Kiwi comes with nine built-in themes, with more available online. Plus, Kiwi is extensible with an API for building themes from HTML and CSS. Powerful rules allow users to filter, mark, or highlight desired content or tweets. Kiwi also supports picture posting, url shortening, and keyboard shortcuts. Kiwi shows a user's home timeline, mentions, direct messages (both to and from), and favorites for each account. Keyboard shortcuts allow you to easily switch among them. Kiwi supports auto-updating to ensure users have the latest version.
Features of Kiwi include:
* Themes - customize with nine themes included and more available online
* Rules - find and highlight important content or hide unwanted tweets
* Multiple twitter accounts - utilize multiple accounts or account groups, and switch quickly among them
* Saved searches - auto-refresh searches
* Account groups - organize your timelines
* Theme API - build themes with HTML and CSS
* Mac OS X version 10.6 Snow Leopard
* 6 MB hard drive space
* A Twitter account
Pricing and Availability:
Kiwi is free to download and try. Kiwi 1.0 is priced at $14.95 (USD) for a single user license. Site license and educational discounts are available from YourHead Software.
YourHead Software is an independent software company based in Santa Cruz, California. YourHead Software was founded in 1996 by Isaiah Carew. YourHead Software makes the popular RapidWeaver plugins Blocks and Stacks. RapidWeaver is a registered trademark of Realmac Software Limited.