December 20, 2009 in Reference (E)
[prMac.com] Kent, Washington - Hooked In Motion has teamed up with Occipital, the creators of Red Laser, the #1 selling app on the iPhone/iPod App Store, to release iCollect Movies, available starting today. Utilizing UPC barcode scanning technology from Occipital, iCollect Movies allows home movie watchers to scan in their movies using the barcode on the back of the case and obtain detailed information about each movie. iCollect Movies also features a detailed search feature, as well as wishlist and preorder features.
iCollect Movies, an iPhone/iPod application, supports barcodes worldwide from formats like Blu-ray, DVD, HD DVD, UMD, VHS, Betamax, and Laserdisc. Simply by scanning in a movie they own or a movie at a store, users can see details like never before. Each movie record contains more information than IMDB, and includes details such as regions, subtitles, aspect ratios, and pictures of the actual case that the UPC barcode belongs to. With the simple touch of a button, users can add the movie to their collection and manage it from within the app.
The application features a number of unique features beyond just barcode scanning. Using the wishlist and preorder features, users can keep track of which movies to buy in the future quickly and easily. They'll also be able to easily switch between DVDs and Blu-rays on their main catalog screen. Searching is in depth and allows users to see all movies that they own starring a specific actor, or all movies under 90 minutes, for example.
* Scan in your movies via UPC using the built-in camera
* If you don't have a camera (iPod), manually type in the UPC
* Spiders Google and our own servers for a cover and information about a title
* If no information is present, take your own picture and type in the details and add it to our server for others to use
* Want to see if new information about a movie has been added to our database? Hit the "Check for new info" button at any time to automatically update your collection
* Add it to your library. Sort by Blu-ray or DVD right from the main screen
* Tab badges allow you to quickly see how many movies you own
* Sift quickly through your catalog using the index
* Add a movie to a wishlist if you know you want to buy it in the future
* Email out your wishlists to family and friends for holidays and birthdays
* Already ordered a movie but don't have it yet? Add it as a preorder. Add the release date as well
* Incredible search capabilities. Browse through your library in a whole new way. Want to see all movies you have that star Steve Martin? Easy. Want to see all of your Japanese movies only? Easy.
* Video tutorial for help
"iCollect Movies is definitely a movie buff's dream come true." said Ethan C. Allen, Hooked In Motion's founder and CEO. "The ability to pick up your device, sift through your movies, and find the exact one to watch right from the couch without having to sift through your DVD's or Blu-rays is great. But the real benefit is how easy it is to scan in your movies into your iPhone or iPod in the first place. Never before have you been able to keep track of a collection of items quite like this. And the kicker? It's just a beautiful app that's easy and fun to use."
* iPhone or iPod touch 3.1 or later
Pricing and Availability:
iCollect Movies 1.0 is only $1.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Reference category.
Based in Kent, WA USA, Hooked In Motion, LLC has been in busy since July of 2008, at the beginning of the App Store launch, using their passion for development to make applications that users needs first. Copyright (C) 2008-2009 Hooked In Motion, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.