December 21, 2009 in Travel (F)
[prMac.com] Paris, France - Visit Paris is an application for iPhone/iPodTouch, created by Geodio, which allows you to discover french capital city history through 50 videos and a GSP system. Learn what's under Sacre Coeur church and what the Arc De Triomphe means to France, see where the Statue of Liberty was born, and the unknown Louvre...and for each place there is additional text, shedding new light on the site.
Visit Paris can be used without an internet connection. All you need to do, when you connect via wifi, is to download all or some of the videos, and you will be able to watch tem as many times as you like, and you will avoid roaming charges when you make your next trip to Paris !
Try "Visit Paris" in 2 situations :
* When in Paris - the place next to you springs to life, simply and easily. Using gps, touch the map and the video starts
* From elsewhere - access to the videos with the map or menu
Visit Paris has special features :
* The use of the latest techniques, enabling the animation of photographs and engravings, use of 3D and 2D effects
* True stories, bringing places to life, (told by professional and established actors), and not just a list of buildings and dates
* Rare or forgotten images of Paris, from the greatest collections (photographs and videos)
* Original soundtracks and music, or great composers, (for example Offenbach)
* Additional information in text format, similar to traditional tourist guides
* Users can move at any time to Google Maps, to orientate themselves and move from one point to another
Visit Paris Lite offers you free access:
* To extracts of some of these videos
* To the additional texts
* To the methods of navigation from one tourist site to another (Google Maps interface)
* iPhone or 2nd Generation iPod touch 3.0 or later
Pricing and Availability:
Visit Paris 1.5 is only $1.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Travel category. Visit Paris is avalaible in lite and complete versions (English and French), on the iTunes Store.
Geodio is a small French company, creating iPhone applications. Copyright (C) 2009 Geodio. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.