December 22, 2009 in Networks and FTP (E)
[prMac.com] Saint-Petersburg, Russia - ProteMac today is proud to announce ProteMac Meter 3.4, an update to their network Activity monitor and network traffic logger utility for Mac OS X. With a focus on ease-of-use, ProteMac Meter allows control network activity for every application on your Mac, showing you exactly what was transmitted and to where. The capability to audit what flows in and out of every piece of software is critical for security aware users. ProteMac Meter provides real-time processes (applications and services) monitoring and shows the history of every network activity.
ProteMac Meter shows extensive information about each connection: application network connections, host availability, remote host name, amounts of incoming and outgoing traffic through connection or application, timestamps of the first and last activity, application that initiated or accepted this connection, full path to the application the process belongs to, and much more. The traffic summary indicator shows an upload and download speed graph and traffic totals specially for selected application.
Visualizing your Internet activity is simple, even for inexperienced users. You can view all established connections, monitor network and per application traffic over a certain period, setup various notifications and much more. Use ProteMac Meter right from your menubar floating diagrams to see the application and network bytes flow.
New in version 3.4:
* Updated interface
* New interface with realtime graphics creations
* Increased reports speed
* Misc bugs fixed
Feature highlights include:
* Display chart and table of network application's or connection's real time activity
* Display real time network traffic usage for each application on your Mac
* Display real time network traffic summary for your Mac
* Display real time network speed for your Mac
* Provides clear graphical and numerical network traffic details
* Log each session, include start/stop time, application, remote address/port, total transferred bytes and average speed
* Generate network traffic statistics report, display period network usage for each application and each remote IP
* Monitors multiple network connection interfaces at the same time
* Views connection details in summary, daily, weekly and monthly format, plus export to many different file formats
* Readout in either kB/sec (kilobytes per second) or kbps (kilobits per second)
* Useful stopwatch to accurately time downloads and report the average transfer rates
* Includes complete window configuration and view options
* Alarms once a particular amount of traffic volume is reached in the period
* Alarms for specified Application, bandwith or time
* The utility has a transparent user-friendly interface and is very simple in use
* Mac OS X Version 10.4 Tiger or 10.5 Leopard
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel
* 12.4 MB Hard Drive space
Pricing and Availability:
ProteMac Meter is available for only $29.95 (USD) for a Single License, and may be downloaded directly from the Macvide website.
Located in historic Saint Petersburg, Russian Federation, Intelus, Ltd. is a privately funded company founded in 2002. Leveraging their longtime experience in the video industry, Intelus' goal is to develop best-of-breed tools for the Mac platform, and lead to the creation of Macvide. Copyright 2002-2009 Intelus, Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.