October 21, 2007 in Software (F)
[prMac.com] XChange International, the source for extended technology worldwide, are pleased to announce the release of Blacklining for Adobe InDesign CS3 for both Macintosh(R) and Windows. Blacklining is a plug-in intended for corporate, financial and legal document production where every change to text must be recorded. Blacklining tracks changes made to the text of a document as it is being revised. It is designed to allow a user or viewer of an InDesign document to be able to see a complete history of changes that have occurred.
Text inserts are shown as underlines and text deletes can either be shown as struck-through, or have a caret mark in the text where a deletion has occurred. Blacklining also keeps a revision history that can show changes made at different revision cycles, and by choosing different revision cycles, it is possible to show a complete history of a document.
Preferences govern the screen display and the printed output, and these can be set for individual revision levels as well. In addition there is an option to highlight all on-screen marks and have side bar markers on printing. A special characters feature allows a live header of a document to be created so that, if used on a master page for example, all pages can have document information such as name, date and time, as well as blacklining revision numbers and a checksum to verify authenticity.
A history file records the actions taken in a document’s history and this can be printed out or exported, which is useful for billing or auditing functions. Based on the original Blacklining for QuarkXPress product, the InDesign version’s features include:
* Undo - Redo is fully supported and functional for all Blacklining operations including Copy, Cut and Paste.
* Special Characters - allow a dynamically updated information header to be built into the document for items such as document name, date and time, blacklining revision levels etc.
* History Palette - provides document history information. A text box can be assigned to be a History box and will automatically update as new history is generated. Alternatively the History can be exported as tabbed text or XML.
* Improved Preferences - include the option to highlight on-screen all Blacklining marks. Any function can now be assigned a shortcut key.
* Improved Merge and Clear functions.
* New Paste with Marks - Allows copy and paste with original marks, not just as an insert.
* Open architecture allowing ease of interface with other plug-ins and customisation.
Blacklining works with Adobe InDesign CS3 on Macintosh OS X, or MS Windows operating systems. Versions are also available for InDesign CS and CS2 and the product is available as an XTension to QuarkXPress versions 4 through 7.
Blacklining for InDesign is available now through XChange International. To order, or for more information, users can visit www.xchangeuk.com, or call on +44(0)20 7490 4455 during UK business hours.
XChange are a leading supplier of desktop graphic and publishing applications, QuarkXTension(R) technology; Adobe InDesign(R), Acrobat(R) and Photoshop(R) Plug-ins(R) and other design and publishing utilities. XChange offer extended technology products from across the world specific to the graphic design, print and publishing industries and make them available to an extensive user base via their printed catalogue or online at their web site. The company are headquartered in Central London.