December 22, 2009 in Social Networking (E)
[prMac.com] Albuquerque, NM - Stone Design aka Big Stone Phone today released new versions of its top-selling iPhone Twitter client Twittelator Pro and Twittelator Free. Twittelator Pro was recently featured at the top of the Summer's Hottest iPhone Apps in an Apple/AT&T full page ad in the Wall Street Journal, New York Times and USA Today, and runs on all models of the iPhone and iPod Touch.
"Twittelator's success drives its development faster." said Stone Design CEO Andrew Stone, @twittelator. "In time for the holidays, Twittelator now sports full landscape throughout the app, see your private message conversations, update your bio, and some nifty UI improvements like seeing the tweet you are replying to, while you are replying!"
The key new features added to Twittelator and Twittelator Pro v3.5 include:
* App has landscape everywhere
* Tweet your currently playing iPod song and album art
* See conversation threads in Messages
* Messages fully cached locally
* Compose: pull down to see tweet you're responding to
* Update your bio, name & location from My Profile
* Geottagged tweets show pin for obtaining a map quickly
* Option to show only geotagged nearby tweets
* Drag down top tweet to refresh
* Drag up the bottom tweet to get more tweets
* Search over 3,500 themes from Themes chooser
* Show Movapic thumbnails and images
* Find People by their full name, just like twitter's People Search
* Tap a #hashtag to either search or define it
* Email tweet sends more rich tweet info
* Email entire list of tweets with rich tweet info
* User details shows if user is protected or verified
* Lists and Profiles are archived for faster launch
Recently added features include:
* Complete Twitter Lists support to create, view, edit your lists, and see everyone else's
* Option to geotag your tweets with your location
* Automatic ReTweeting uses new official Twitter RT architecture
* Old School editable ReTweeting available too!
* See all your RT's, RT's of your tweets, and RT's by your friends
* Reply All with one tap
* Integration with What The Trend, FollowCost, TweetBlocker, favstar and Tweeteorites
* Nearby Tweets of any location - tweet pin shows their avatar
With so many other power features including unlimited custom themes, multiple accounts, lists, record audio, shoot video, unlimited drafts, offline tweeting, Twittelator and Twittelator Pro v3.5 pack the most features into a Twitter client, mobile or desktop.
"There are two major factors which set Twittelator apart from the rest of the pack," remarked Mr. Stone. "We do a free major monthly update and we listen carefully to and act on our customers' issues and feature requests."
Twittelator Pro was listed on the top of "16 of the summer's hottest new releases" in the New York Times, Sunday August 2nd and the Wall Street Journal, Monday August 3rd in full page Apple and AT&T advertisements. Twittelator Pro was chosen as Editor's pick for best iPhone Twitter client by Mac|Life in May 2009 issue.
Pricing and Availability:
Twittelator Free is free, and Twittelator Pro is available for $4.99 (USD) from Apple's App Store on iPhone and iPod touch or from iTunes.
Stone Design is a New Mexico based software corporation founded in 1984 by Andrew Stone which has shipped over 20 titles for Mac OS X and its parent operating system, the NeXT, in the last 20 years. Major applications include Create, a page layout and web authoring app, iMaginator for image processing and Videator for video effects and VJ'ing. In the past year, in conjunction with BigStonePhone, has added 10 iPhone applications to the collection: TalkingPics for field photography and audio recording, iGraffiti which lets you paint on photos and share them, Gesture which lets you turn photos into digital paintings and share them, Twittelator Pro, the most feature laced twitter client for the iPhone/Touch, Pulsar the free pyschedelic strobe light and now SoundBite MobileMix Postcards, TalkingPics µ, and iCreated with artist David Scott Leibowitz. BigStonePhone is a collaboration between Stone and Jeff BIggus of Hyperjeff.net, and Geoff Pado of Cocoatype on SoundBite and MobileMix.