December 28, 2009 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] Luxembourg - Houdah Software is pleased to announce the immediate availability of HoudahSpot 2.6. HoudahSpot is an acclaimed Spotlight front-end for Mac OS X Leopard. With HoudahSpot, users may create detailed queries to pinpoint the exact file they want to get to. HoudahSpot 2.6 improves integration with other applications by the way of Mac OS X services. HoudahSpot itself provides a "BlitzSearch" and a "Search Location" service. Version 2.6 brings many subtle enhancements. This is a recommended update for all Leopard and Snow Leopard users.
HoudahSpot 2.6 brings many more enhancements:
* HoudahSpot 2.6 adds toolbar buttons for "Add ALL Group", "Add ANY Group" and "Add NONE Group".
* A "Search Location in HoudahSpot" service is now provided in the Finder as well as in other applications working with files.
* Users may narrow down a search by command-clicking folders in the path control at the bottom of the window.
* The grid view now has a slider to adjust icon size.
* The grid view now provides the same contextual menu as the list view.
* One may now see the MDQuery string passed to Spotlight.
* Clicking a "+" button on a criterion row duplicates the current row. This makes it easier than ever to refine a search.
* HoudahSpot 2.6 improves integration with other applications through Mac OS X services. Services are also available for the contextual menus.
* The BlitzSearch service is now enabled by default under Snow Leopard.
* Result list font size is adjustable and preference is persisted.
* HoudahSpot 2.6 features new toolbar and preferences icons by Lars Herrmann.
* The keyboard shortcut for item deletion has been changed to match other applications.
With HoudahSpot 2, users may create detailed queries to pinpoint the exact file they want to get to. The results may be shown with any number of columns. The list may be sorted by any attribute imaginable. Users may set up templates for frequently performed searches and save queries for direct access to favorite files. One of HoudahSpot's key features is its extensive customization. Once fully customized, a preferred template may be set as starting point for future queries.
With HoudahSpot's all-in-one interface, results are shown next to the search query. By taking advantage of Mac OS X's unique features, users can issue powerful search queries to the Spotlight engine to zero in on files quickly and easily. And with live editing, user may change search criteria on-the-fly without stopping the running query.
* Mac OS X Version 10.5 Leopard or 10.6 Snow Leopard
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel
* Spotlight enabled
* 8 MB Hard Drive space
Purchasing HoudahSpot licenses:
HoudahSpot 2.6 is priced at $30 (USD) for a single-user license. It is a free upgrade for all registered 1.0 - 1.4 and 2.0 customers.
Houdah Software s.a r.l is a small company based in Luxembourg Europe. The company was founded in late 2005 by Pierre Bernard. Apple, Macintosh, Mac, iPhone, iPod, Spotlight, WebObjects and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Computer. Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.