December 27, 2009 in Image Editing (E)
[prMac.com] Copenhagen, Denmark - Opcoders today released GraphicDesignerToolbox 1.3.0, a free update to their powerful Mac OS X graphics editor. Perfect for web designers that need to compose seamless tiling textures, trim pixels, prepare thumbnails and add shadows, plus much more! The big task of adding help to all building blocks is now completed, more than 120 pages with illustrations have been written.
Just hit F1 and the help viewer opens with details about the building block. It shows how the block can be connected with other building blocks and explains what each of the parameters does. Best of all the help shows variations of sample output, making it possible for one to scan through the documentation and look for interesting building blocks to toy with. GraphicDesignerToolbox have been struggling with a steep learning curve, most likely because of non-existing documentation.
Improvements since last major release (1.2.0) are 120 help pages, 2 new building blocks, extended several blocks with new features, tweaks for Snow Leopard and some minor changes.
* Documented all building blocks, 120 pages of text!
* F1 now opens help for the selected block.
* Added a "Help" menu item to the canvas area, that opens help per block.
* Extended the Mix block with a "Screen" compositing mode for the alpha channel.
* Extended the Heal block with a heal-x mode and a heal-y mode.
* Added a "Cube" block for mapping textures on a 3d cube.
* Added a "Variant" parameter to the Box block.
* Added a "Skip" parameter to the Sharp block.
* Added a "tiling" tag to the "Chaos" block and the "City" block.
* Added images to all building block help pages.
* Edward Reznichenko reported that the Hidden Admin menu was too easy to trigger during launch of the program, you had to hold down just the CMD key. To make it more difficult, you now have to hold down all modifier keys when launching the program.
* Snow Leopard fixes. Mostly device vs. calibrated color issues.
* Added a "Shear" block for doing shear matrix transformations.
* Extended the "Extract" block with CMYK support.
* Added a "Crystal2.box1" project to "Sample Pack - Texture".
* The "Mask" block is now obsolete, "Blendmap" is much more powerful.
* Added a "Cubes1.box1" project to "Sample Pack - Web".
* Added a "crt_screen.box1" project to "Sample Pack - Web".
* Fixed crash bug in "Slice" block.
* Removed unnecessary output to the log.
* Single window editor
* Unified bitmap/vector compositing
* More than 100 building blocks
* Getting Started pdf included, 27 pages
* Context Help included, 120 pages
* 3 example projects included, many more available online
* Multiple difficulty levels: easy, medium, hard
* Mac OS X 10.4 or later
* 1 GB system RAM
* Graphics card with 64 MB video RAM
* 20 MB hard drive space
Pricing and Availability:
GraphicDesignerToolbox 1.3.0 can be downloaded from the homepage. A single user license can be purchased for $39.95 USD. Media and interested parties may request license codes for reviewing.
Opcoders is a privately funded company founded in 2006 by Simon Strandgaard in Copenhagen, Denmark. Opcoders main focus is the development of GraphicDesignerToolbox for the Mac platform.