January 8, 2010 in Reference (E)
[prMac.com] Chandler, Arizona - The 'NIOSH Chemical Hazards' application version 1.0 is an iPhone and iPod Touch application from Random Support, LLC implementing the 'NIOSH Pocket Guide to Chemical Safety' from the CDC and NIOSH. In addition to the complete contents of the traditional Pocket Guide it includes quickly accessible and fully searchable indexes by Chemical name, CAS Number, or RTECS Number as well as the ability to easily create a custom index containing your most frequently used reference chemicals.
Users of the traditional paper version of the NIOSH Pocket Guide to Chemical Safety will find that this application makes using this reference significantly easier. Searches can be done on any portion of a chemical name, trade name, synonym, CAS, or RTECS number.
The competing implementation of the pocket guide is currently selling on the app store for more than 6 times as much - $19.99. This same content is now available to you for only $2.99! NIOSH Chemical Hazards is now available in the iTunes App store for immediate download or for more information you can visit the company website using the URL listed below.
* Searchable Index of Chemical Names, Synonyms and Trade Names
* Searchable index of CAS Numbers
* Searchable index of RTECS Numbers
* Search results update dynamically as you type
* Ability to a custom index of "Favorite" chemicals for quick access
* The full content of the pocket guide is available locally on your iPhone or iPod Touch and a network or data connection is not required
* We are receptive to improvement and enhancement ideas and will attempt to fix any bugs as soon as they are reported. Our development staff is in-house so we can react quickly
The standard contents of the guide include:
* Chemical names, synonyms, trade names, conversion factors, CAS, RTECS, and DOT numbers
* NIOSH Recommended Exposure Limits (NIOSH RELs)
* Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Permissible Exposure Limits (PELs)
* NIOSH Immediate Dangerous to Life and Health values (NIOSH IDLHs) (documentation for those values)
* A physical description of the agent with chemical and physical properties
* Measurement methods
* Personal protection and sanitation recommendations
* Respirator recommendations
* Information on health hazards including route, symptoms, first aid and target organ information.
* iPhone or iPod Touch 3.0 or higher
* 2.3 MB space
Pricing and Availability:
NIOSH Chemical Hazards 1.0 is only $2.99 (USD) and is available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Reference category. A limited number of promotional codes may be available to qualified press, corporate, and government representitives. For more information please contact Random Support, LLC.
Random Support, LLC develops iPhone and iPod Touch applications as well as Windows based application development services for businesses and individuals. Copyright (C) 2010 Random Support, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.