February 5, 2010 in Games (E)
[prMac.com] Meadville, Pennsylvania - Nuclear Nova today is pleased to announce updates to both its GL Golf and Rocket Golf franchise. GL Golf is now on it's tenth major revision, which adds the option to download six new courses. In addition, GL Golf now offers a new method to read putting greens, and takes up 20% less hard disk space. Rocket Golf also adds an additional course and improves thirteen previous holes. Both games have had numerous minor enhancements and minor bugs fixed. GL Golf offers a realistic physics system and smooth, fluid graphics for compelling game-play. Rocket Golf gives golfing a new twist with its 2D gameplay and clean 3D graphics, maintaining a fast paced arcade feel.
In GL Golf up to four players can golf twenty-four unique courses. Everything in a real game of golf is included in GL Golf, such as water hazards, sand traps, trees, bushes, wind, four seasons, different times to play, and much more. Other unique features include game saving, three difficulty modes, mulligans, practice mode, as well as different sets of clubs. GL Golf currently has 108 holes, with access to over 400 holes through in-app purchasing.
Up to four players can enjoy all of Rocket Golf's features for countless hours, including online and local best rounds, water hazards, sand traps, wind, and much more.
* iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3Gs, iPod Touch, or iPad
* Software version 3.0 or higher
Pricing and Availability:
* GL Golf Lite and Rocket Golf Lite are both free to try.
* GL Golf Standard has six courses and is available for $4.99 USD.
* GL Golf Deluxe has eighteen courses and is available for $7.99 USD.
* Rocket Golf is available for only $2.99 USD for a limited time.
* All game are available exclusively through Apple's App Store.
Additional improvements for GL Golf and Rocket Golf include:
GL Golf Version 1.10:
* Two new courses available through in-app purchasing (GL Golf Deluxe)
* New six course packs available through in-app purchasing, for up to 24 courses (GL Golf)
* Added putting green topology option with rainbow colors
* Main Menu now saves settings on exit
* Compress files to take up less disk space
* Improves backspin 20% and reduces inaccuracy effect due to overspin by 33%
* Improved several individual holes
Rocket Golf Version 1.02:
* Added a new course, Sky Hill, for $0.99 through In App Purchasing
* Fixed six previous levels
* Added a gimme shot if the ball lands closer than 25 yards
* Added a button to speed up game physics while the ball is in the air
Rocket Golf Version 1.01:
* Improved 7 problematic levels
* Fixed a bug where the ball could be placed in the air after a water hazard
* Fixed HUD buttons from overlapping
* The aiming arrow is now visible through terrain
* Camera zooms in closer when near the hole
* Improved level boarder
* Club model changed to iron/wedge
* Fixed practice mode in Lite version
* Fixed the flag pole being transparent
* Fixed best rounds under 10 from not showing up online
Located in Meadville, Pennsylvania, Nuclear Nova Software is a privately funded company founded in 2002 by Jake Leveto. Jake is currently studying at the Rochester Institute of Technology for Microelectronic Engineering. Nuclear Nova Software was founded with the intent of developing unique and challenging games with compelling game-play for the Mac platform and iPhone. Copyright 2002-2010 Nuclear Nova Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.