December 24, 2007 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Luxembourg - December 24, 2007 - Houdah Software is proud to announce the release of HoudahGeo 1.3.1. HoudahGeo is a pure software solution for geocoding photos with latitude, longitude and altitude information. Coordinates may be written to EXIF/XMP tags. Images can be uploaded to Flickr! or exported to Google Earth. HoudahGeo is a pure software geocoding solution. No GPS camera needed. GPS track logger optional.
HoudahGeo may operate in a fully automatic mode when provided a track log file from a GPS receiver. Finer control is possible by attaching photos to waypoints created using a GPS device. When no GPS device is available, manual geocoding is possible through integration with the Google Maps service.
HoudahGeo 1.3 feature enhancements:
* New feature: HoudahGeo now reads and writes XMP sidecar files
* New feature: You may now specify which EXIF/XMP properties to export.
* New feature: It is now possible copy-paste image files to the Finder
* New feature: You may hand files to QuickSilver / LaunchBar for processing
* Enhancement: HoudahGeo now includes a more userfriendly crash reporter
* Enhancement: HoudahGeo provides more detailed progress information for long running operations
* Enhancement: Photos are now displayed with coordinates information in Google Earth
* Enhancement: Google Earth export processing speed has been dramatically enhanced
* Bug fix: Writing Spotlight comments works again on Mac OS X Leopard
* Bug fix: Google Earth export works reliably on Mac OS X Leopard
* Bug fix: Image import correctly reads timestamps on Mac OS X Leopard
* Bug fix: Flickr upload would fail when no maximum image size was specified.
* Bug fix: Flickr upload could stall.
* Mac OS X 10.4.8 or later (tested with Leopard)
* Universal Binary for PowerPC & Intel
* Digital Camera and optionally a GPS device
* 20 MB Hard Drive space.
Pricing and Availability:
HoudahGeo 1.3 may be purchased for 24.95 EUR for single user license. A full-featured demo version is available for download from our web site.
Macworld Expo 2008:
Please visit us at Macworld in San Francisco. We still have a few FREE passes to give out. Get yours on our web site.
Houdah Software s.a r.l is a small company based in Luxembourg Europe. The company was founded in late 2005 by Pierre Bernard. Apple, Macintosh, Mac, Spotlight, WebObjects and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Computer. Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.