December 5, 2010 in Games (E)
[prMac.com] Haymarket, Virginia - Developer Jonathan Conway today is pleased to announce Coin-Spin for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Coin-Spin features an arcade style simulation where player's choose a coin, a playing surface, and then challenge themselves, friends and family to see who has the best "skills" to spin a coin the longest for the highest score. Coin-spin ensures you get your bragging rights, by allowing players to upload their scores to our web service managed 'Top Scores' list. See how you rank against players world-wide, and keep trying for the high score.
Choose a coin from one of twenty-five countries and then place it on a variety of twenty different surface environments (table, floor, basketball court, car hood, TV top, etc.). The player then selects the coin and based on the activity choice in the options menu, can flick the screen, slide their finger across the screen, or blow into the microphone which is the force behind causing the coin to spin in a variety of graduated speeds. Additionally, the accelerometer is used to cause the selected surface environments to tilt in different directions causing the coin to move closer to or farther away from the surfaces center or edges. There are three ways to spin the coin:
1) Swipe with Finger:
Place the coin on the selected surface, and then swipe your finger across the coin on the iPhone screen, or in any direction across the screen to create the force to spin the coin. The harder you swipe your finger the stronger the force on the coin.
2) Blow into Mic:
Place the coin on the selected surface, then turn the iPhone on its side and blow into the mic. The harder you blow the stronger the force on the coin.
3) Flick Screen:
Place the coin on the selected surface, then flick the iPhone screen across the coin, or in any position on the screen to create the force to spin the coin. The harder you flick the stronger the force on the coin.
Coin-Spin Key Features:
* The app provides three menus, "Start", "Options" and "Top Scores".
* The app allows players to select coins from one of twenty-five countries, and then one of five coins from the country to be used in the game play
* The app allows players to choose from one of twenty game surfaces. Each surface varies in hardness, softness, graininess, or smoothness, which has an effect on the ability of the coin to be spun for longer or shorter periods due to the surface friction, and players coin spinning force
* After choosing from the countries, coins, and surfaces, the game play begins
* Be careful because guiding your coin too close to the edge will cause the coin to fall off the edge and your current score to be lost. If your coin falls off the edge
* 'New Coin' button is displayed and you can restart game play
* After successfully spinning a coin, the player can choose to upload their score with a unique name so they can see how their coin spinning skills stack up against other players, or choose to ignore the score upload request
* In the "Options" menu, players are allowed to select how to spin the coin - "Swipe with Finger", "Blow into Mic", or "Flick Screen"
* In the "Options" menu, players can choose difficulty levels - "Easy", "Medium", or "Hard"
* In the "Options" menu, players can choose to play as a 'Single Player' or a 'Two Player' game
* In the "Two Player" game each player will be connected by "Bluetooth" communication. And each player will be given the chance to spin their coin and watch both coins on either iPhone in a direct play competition. Tilting the iPhone uses the accelerometer and can be an effective tactic to knock out the other player's coin. But be careful, as it can also backfire and cause your coin to stop first
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 3.0 or later
* 15.2 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Coin-Spin is only $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category. Thank you for purchasing the coin-spin app. We hope you will be happy with it.
Located in Haymarket, Virginia, Jonathan Conway is the director of Synergetic Associates, LLC. Coin spin is supported via Elecom Software ltd pvt. Copyright (C) 2010 Synergetic Associates, LLC and Jonathan Conway. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.