December 21, 2010 in Photo and Video (E)
[prMac.com] Sammamish, Washington - Juicy Bits today released a free update to 3D Camera for iPhone and iPod touch to take advantage of iOS 4 and the Retina display. 3D Camera is an app that makes it easy to create 3D photos and share them with friends on Facebook and Twitter. 3D Camera earned 4.5 mice (out of 5) from Macworld and is frequently among the top 100 photography apps worldwide.
To create a 3D image, left and right photos are captured using the built-in camera. An enhanced camera overlay includes three different alignment modes and a "ghost" feature to easily align the two images. If the left and right photos have already been taken, they can be selected from the iPhone photo album.
Next, the two images are repositioned to control the apparent depth of the final 3D photo. Moving the right image to the right causes it to recede back into the screen, while moving it to the left causes it to "pop out." The two images can also be sent wirelessly to 3D Camera Studio for iPad. 3D Camera creates color and grey anaglyph images that are viewed using common red/cyan 3D glasses, stereogram images that are viewed without glasses (parallel and cross-eyed), and "wigglegram" images that produce a simulated 3D effect.
The final 3D photo can be saved to the iPhone photo album for later use, sent to a friend via e-mail, or sent to Facebook and Twitter. Many custom settings are available to control the size, quality, and method used to produce the final 3D image. A "More" button provides access to a short, online video tour and additional documentation.
* Enhanced camera that makes it easy to take two side-by-side photos
* Three different camera alignment modes
* Ability to send 3D photos to Facebook, Twitter, and e-mail
* Simple touch interface to realign and reposition images
* Magnification loupe for more accurate alignment
* Automatic cropping of re-aligned images
* Grey and color anaglyph creation
* Parallel and cross-eyed stereogram support for photos that don't require 3D glasses
* Wigglegram mode for a fun, simulated 3D effect
* Integrated instruction screen with "More" button to access an online video tour and additional documentation
* Button to swap the original photos
* App setting to choose the working image size (100%, 75%, 50%, 25%)
* App setting to enable/disable automatic saving of camera photos
* App setting to automatically boost saturation and brightness of Color and Grey anaglyphs
* App setting to control the size of stereogram borders (and to eliminate them)
* App setting to enable/disable stereogram alignment dots
* App setting to limit the maximum Twitter image dimensions (1024, 800, 640)
* App setting to select the color anaglyph method (full color, half color, optimized, and red/blue)
* App setting to bypass the introduction screen
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 3.1 or later
* 2.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
3D Camera 1.5 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photography category.
Founded in 2009, Juicy Bits is a small company that produces unique, freshly squeezed software for mobile devices. Their first release, 3D Camera, earned 4.5 mice (out of 5) from Macworld and is frequently among the top 100 photography apps worldwide. Their most recent release, Nature Images, features photos that have been downloaded over 3 million times and are included in major operating systems. Copyright (C) 2009-2010 Juicy Bits. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.