May 12, 2008 in Software
[prMac.com] Evansville, Indiana - Second Gear is pleased to announce the release of Today 1.1, the Mac OS X application for managing iCal events and tasks. Version 1.1 introduces several new features and enhancements based on user feedback. Full release notes can be found at the Second Gear Website.
Today makes it easy to quickly glance at your upcoming schedule for the day. Assign a keyboard shortcut, and you can toggle Today's visibility in a split second. Adding new events and tasks is just as easy. You can quickly schedule next week's meeting or a quick task in Today. No iCal required.
Today is a first class citizen for Mac OS X Leopard. Since Today uses the same calendaring and tasks system as iCal and Apple Mail, changes you make either application are automatically shared with Today. Events created or edited on your iPhone or iPod touch will also be shared with Today on your next sync.
Feature Highlights in Version 1.1:
* What calendars appear in Today's window can now be filtered.
* Users can now assign a location for new events.
* New events and tasks due dates now default to the day you're currently viewing.
* All day events have an updated appearance.
* Performance has greatly improved for heavy calendaring users.
* Various bug fixes.
* Requires Mac OS X v10.5 or later
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel
* 3.6MB of hard drive space
Pricing and Availability:
Today 1.1 may be purchased for $15.00 USD and offers a fully featured 7 day trial period.
Second Gear LLC is based Evansville, Indiana. Founded in 2006 by Crew Chief Justin Williams, Second Gear focuses on building beautiful Mac OS X and iPhone applications for consumers and business. Their first application, PocketTweets, is the most popular Twitter client for Apple's revolutionary iPhone.