June 22, 2008 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] Toronto (Ontario, Canada) - Agile Web Solutions today announced the release of 1Password 2.6.5 with improved support for Firefox 3 and newly added support for the Safari 4 Developer Preview, DEVONagent 2.3.1, OmniWeb Sneaky Peeks, and Flock 2. Several other stability improvements were made in this release. This update is free to all paid 1Password customers.
What is 1Password?
* The most widely used password manager for Mac OS X (according to MacUpdate, VersionTracker and iusethis ratings).
* A Macworld magazine "Mac Gem", rated 4.5/5 mice and nominated for a Macworld Readers' Choice Award.
* The only password manager with integrated anti-phishing technology.
* An automatic form filler with support for credit cards and multiple identities.
* A highly secure database to keep track of logins, secure notes, identities, credit cards, bank accounts, and software registration information.
What is new in Version 2.6.5?
* Improved Browser Support:
This release improves support for Firefox 3 and adds support for the Safari 4 Developer Preview, DEVONagent 2.3.1, OmniWeb Sneaky Peeks, and Flock 2.
* Updated the Disk Image design:
A newly designed Disk Image is included in this release to help make it clearer on how to install 1Password as well as to increase the "wow" factor expected by Mac users.
* Stability Improvements Including Resolved Crashes on PPC Systems:
This release improves the overall stability of 1Password and the browser extensions. Most notably this release addresses the Camino crash on PPC systems and the crash when deleting newly created folders and contents. An exception that displayed when the 1Password keychain was locked on certain setups was also resolved.
For full details about the new release, including the change log and screenshots, please visit the official website.
Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) or 10.5 (Leopard)
Pricing and Availability:
A single-user license costs USD$34.95 and a family license is available for $49.95 USD. 1Password may be downloaded from their official website. A fully functional 30-day trial version is available, along with a free version limited to 20 items. Special media licenses are available for members of the press and the blogging community upon request.
Founded in the fall of 2002, Agile Web Solutions, Inc., began as a partnership between two experienced consulting firms, Teare Software Solutions Inc and Software Trenches Inc. Agile Web Solutions has a long history of innovation and business excellence. Agile Web Solutions is a privately held company headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. For more information about the company or any of its products, visit the Agile Web Solutions web site.