April 20, 2007 in iOS Development (E)
[prMac.com] FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Briksoftware is proud to announce the launch of CodeBeach.org, a centralized repository of code snippets dedicated to the Mac developer community. All code is considered to be public domain and usable in any commercial application. Codebeach aims to create a single source where Mac developers can freely share code between them, by providing advanced features to manage and search Code Snippets and Classes.
The goal of Codebeach is to create a central repository where Mac developers can share custom controls, formatters, categories: pieces of useful code which will be easier to search for and use. Code Snippets may be functions, macros, anything; little pieces of code which can be easily dropped in to solve a problem. Classes are packed in zip files which contain their source and the required resources.
We have established basic rules to make it easier to search, submit, manage and distribute Classes as well as Code Snippets.
* Members ensure code will compile and work on Mac OS X.
* Submitted code is under public domain.
* Members ensure Class Names have prefixes to avoid naming conflicts.
* All Snippets and Classes should have meaningful descriptions.
* Open submission of classes and snippets. No registration required.
* Easy searching of code.
* You may select what version of Mac OS X your code is compatible with.
* Support for inter-class dependencies; your code can depend upon one or more classes and those will all be available for download at a single click. Dependencies are scanned recursively, so all needed dependencies will be downloaded.
CodeBeach needs your feedback! The intent is to be complementary to every Mac developer Blog, Forum or Mailing List.
Since 2005, Briksoftware's goal is to make the Mac experience even better by focusing our development efforts on applications which will make using your Mac easier and more efficient. Briksoftware is currently formed by Michele Balistreri (Italy) and Karsten Kusche (Germany). Briksoftware's current products are PDFKey Pro, CuteClips, Camouflage and UnPlugged.