October 3, 2011 in Photo and Video (E)
[prMac.com] Marshfield, Wisconsin - Prepare to travel back in time to an era when colors were scarce and megapixels were unheard of. Palette0 is an advanced processing engine for iPhone and iPod touch that allows users to instantly convert real photographs into a wide variety of vintage digital video game formats. Simply shoot or load a picture, select the desired platform and system, set any optional fine-tune settings and process. After a photo has been converted, it can be easily shared across all major social network sites including Facebook, Twitter, Flickr and Tumblr. Users can also save the processed images to their local photo library or send them via email.
The platforms and systems included in Palette0 have been inspired by both real and conceptual gaming devices from the 1970s through the 1990s. Each available system was designed from the ground-up and has its own color palette, resolution (can be overridden when using Hi-Fi Mode), display type, dither algorithm, post-processing effects and more. Additional palette modes and filter options can be applied to any system to create an infinite number of unique and artistic designs reminiscent of video games from years past.
* 14 unique system filters (28 in the premium version)
* Choose from console, computer, handheld or prototype platforms
* Unique and intuitive, completely organic interface
* Process pictures from your photo library or camera
* Four base palette modes on every system
* Four auto-contrast settings to refine the details of your picture
* A variety of processing options to enhance the render
* Global options for added control over Palette0
* Share processed photos through email, Facebook, Twitter, Flickr and Tumblr
* Integrated filter examples and technical specifications for every system
* Instantly upgradeable premium version for $1.99
List of System Filters (* indicates a premium filter):
Computer - Aqueous, Avocado V*, CGA4, Dartsma 575*, EGA16*, PolyPXL, xDigita
Console - Azotic 1000*, ConsoleVision, Mega System, NexTrendo*, Silvretta Turbo*, Vextron, Viziboy*
Handheld - Game Pal, Game Pal Color*, Game^NET, Mico-N*, PixoVision, PixoVision Pro*, VG-Calc
Prototype - Chancify 250*, DiotechLED, Glitch-o-Matic*, Multiplay IV*, Quadromate, UltraRGB, Virtimax*
Currently, two different versions of Palette0 are available. The free version only includes half of all available filters and has several other restrictions. The premium version cost $1.99 USD and can be purchased as a standalone application through the iTunes store. Alternatively, the free version of Palette0 can be upgraded instantly via an in-app purchase.
Palette0 Premium carries the following benefits over the free edition:
* Unlock all system filters (28 in all)
* Remove image watermarks
* Remove in-app advertisements
* 1024x768 export/hi-fi quality
* Save original image to library
* Designed for iPhone and iPod touch
* Requires iPhone OS 4.0 or later
* Supports standard and retina display
* Compatible with iPad and iPad 2 (scaled mode)
* 20 MB of storage space
Palette0 is unlike any other camera app on iTunes. With a diverse range of completely custom and authentic retro video game filters and an all natural interface, you'll be back in the digital 80s at the tap of a finger.
After more than a decade of contract-based desktop application and game development, linkedPIXEL LLC was formally established in 2010 to produce innovative and entertaining mobile applications for all ages. As a small indie company, linkedPIXEL is currently focused exclusively on developing and deploying iOS-compatible apps with hopes of expanding to other digital markets in the future. The first mobile application released by linkedPIXEL was Scribblify, a universal drawing application for iOS that gained popularity due to its unique brushes and color effects. Copyright (C) 2011 linkedPIXEL LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.