October 10, 2011 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] Moscow, Russian Federation - Deep IT today is pleased to announce the release and immediate availability of Binocular 1.0.1, their new Mac OS X tool. Binocular allows you to track certain events that happen on your Mac and notifies you about them. It uses light semitransparent widgets to accomplish its tasks. They are placed on the desktop where they are always noticeable and easily accessible.
Binocular is extensible. If it does not have means to solve your problem now, you can create your own solution, which doesn't require great programming skills. Then you can share it with others, so that they won't have to make effort. We will provide you with documentation for plugins API and advise on the development process. There is plugin skeleton project on Deep IT site.
Customer feedback is appreciated: your ideas for new plugins may be implemented in future versions!
With the default plugin your have 3 widgets which can ping hosts periodically, monitor changes to specified file system elements and run validation scripts which will check anything you make them to. Existing widgets not only notify you about happening events, but let you configure an automated response to them. Currently shell scripts and Automator workflows are supported.
What's New in Version 1.0.1
* Widget windows will not remain behind the Dock when dragged there if the Dock is on the left or right side of the screen. They will alter their position so the user will be able to drag them to another place
* Fixed incorrect display mode presentation in plugin and widget preferences for Scriptable Monitor widgets when all widgets of this type are closed
* Fixed messages default log path. It now resolves correctly
* Fixed widgets serialization bug (swapping serialization data). It caused errors when restoring widget data and preferences
* Fixed rare crashes during plugin unloading
* Added default plugin set automatic and manual updates
* Fixed messaging window content dropping down a little when reseting the preferences
* Mac OS X 10.6.0 or later
* 1.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Binocular 1.0.1 is $9.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide through the Mac App Store in the Utilities category.
Headquartered in Moscow, Russia, Deep IT is an independent software company focused on high quality applications for the World Wide Web, Apple's Mac OS X and iOS. We provide the Deep analyze and the best IT solutions. We change the reality! Copyright (C) 2011 Deep IT. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, iPad and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.